Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I seem to have a problem with termites in my home. I don't have a lot of wood in my house, but I've recently found termites walking on the walls of my lounge (ants with wings).

I know it's not a good thing to have at home because they can cause quite a lot of destruction over a period of time, so I went to B&Q to buy a termite poison. For my surprise they didn't have anything specific for it, so I decided to look up at the web to check for shops where poison could be bought from.

Most of the web sites are in America, not in the UK. I still haven't found any clues as to where we can find a good termite poison :(

Does anyone have a clue as to where I can find a solution ? I just don't want to ignore it completely to find out in a few years that I might have to replace floor boards, etc :roll:

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Sure theyre not flying ants mate?? They come out in humid weather..

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How can I found out for sure ?

My wife said it was termites, but I could not find any signs of wood being eaten ... Then I gave up the idea until my brother arrived last week and when saw the ants said: ' do you have termites in England ? '. I said, I'm not sure, never heard of them here. And he replied: 'these winged ants look like termites to me'.

Now I'm very confused :roll:

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
simonc said:
Do we have termites? I didn't think we did,and certainly not in slough!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That could be a good reason why B&Q in Slough don't keep termite poison in their branch :D

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
We do get flying ants that come out just before a rainstorm. My bf's mums house gets overrun by them, it might be those, but then I have never seen a termite so....Im not sure if we get them here do we? :lol:
[/u]

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
They'll be flying ants thats why :lol: Its the season for them to be flying. If you can just try some ordinary fly spray, the ant traps won't work as I'm sure they are just based on ants feeding and the winged ants are only interested in mating. Termites don't occur in the UK and currently can't survive our climate :wink:

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
lmao one thing u have to say about americans...they have termites so naturally build their houses out of wood???? we dont but we build out out of brick :lol:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Don't you think its a little ironic that with the amount of experince of keeping exotic animals we have , none of us know if there are any termites native to the uk
DOH!

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, based on what I heard so far, I've embarrassed myself (as usual) by asking about termite poison in the shop :roll:

As soon as I walked away, the attendant probably thought I was complete muppet :D

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
don't worry dex if the assistant was up to the usual B&Q standard i doubt he could of told you what day of the week it was!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Dexter said:
Well, based on what I heard so far, I've embarrassed myself (as usual) by asking about termite poison in the shop :roll:

As soon as I walked away, the attendant probably thought I was complete muppet :D
I honestly wouldn't worry, I did much much more of a muppet thing than you.

Went into B&Q with my hubby, we were decorating the living room and were looking round at different dado rails, anyway, couldn't find them in the shop and went up to an assistant and asked them where there dildos were?? :oops: I hubby nearly wet himself!!

Much much worse lol

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
that must o bin funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:lol: :lol: :lol:

At least you're not too embarassed to share it with 1800 members in this forum :D

By the way, it makes sense that they should sell dildos in DIY shops :lol:

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
lmfao classic i almost did that once :lol:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
and why wud dildos of poppid into your mind rob i can think its possible for a woman but you :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
no i seriosuly thought they were called dildo rails i thought i must o bin wrong but was to embarrased to ask but luckily i wrote it dwn n ma mum corrected it lmao :lol:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
thank god for you she did lmao

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
yea i no lmao :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts