Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wot small turtles are suitable for a begginer that dont get huge and are not hugley expensive? thanks for any help :D

·
Banned
3,993 Posts
All turtles are expensive to maintain by virtue of the fact that they need good filtration, lighting etc There are none that stay small enough to stay in a fish tank or similar unless you are talking of something like a 90 gallon one and even then it would not give the same husbandry requirements as a pond.
Many people do keep turtles in cramped conditions but then some people keep horses in stables and dogs in kennels :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
wizzasmum said:
All turtles are expensive to maintain by virtue of the fact that they need good filtration, lighting etc There are none that stay small enough to stay in a fish tank or similar unless you are talking of something like a 90 gallon one and even then it would not give the same husbandry requirements as a pond.
Many people do keep turtles in cramped conditions but then some people keep horses in stables and dogs in kennels :(
:roll:

Stinkpot musk turtles stay small and are very good beginner turts but you must research research research before hand and have the enviroment they need (which can indeed be a fish tank) :lol:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow this aint for me lol they smell and wot not, im doing a BIT of research for my cousin who is stupidly going to buy a terrapin with out reading(i think) so im trying to find a smaller one that would be more suitable :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know sod-all about these!
So from reading above......Once your terrapin out grows your fish tank you can just lob them outside into a pond? Bit harsh isnt it dont they get cold in winter?

Dan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts