Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planting up some bogwood this afternoon ad got wondering if there's a market for this type of thing fully planted? I could make small ones or big ones! This one is 3kg of wood with 1x devils ivy, 2 mosses and 4 bromilliad pups! Would love some opinions!

Cheers!
Josh

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers! Thanks very much!

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Honest truth, Josh? I prefer to plant my own tanks and (often!) make my own mistakes. :lol2:

Having said that, I've seen so many people on here ask about plant growing that I think you might be on to something for people who want to grow stuff but don't have a clue.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
They look good mate, may I ask how old the brom pups are though? They look vefy small to have been removed, or is that just the picture?

Dave

·
Registered
867 Posts
Id be interested in these :)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The pups pictured were on the smaller side but all thriving well! I need to make more of these I sold all the last lot I made! Lol

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
I'll be honest mate, i've done this before at the shows, and although you sell a few most people prefer to do it it's self. its getting harder to shift planted tanks to.

I will also echo the above, the brom pups looks very small. Hows the drainage in wood like that, as I would be afraid of water build up in the holes causing the brom to rot.

Jay

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know what you mean about planet tanks in general! Not the market there used to be! These brims are doing great in a mates salamander tank, the mount holes are drilled all the way though and packed with moss so excess water can run out, so they are never to dry or too wet! As I said these were small as pups go as I was new to broms! But they did all survive and do great! With more exspiriancen I now allow to grow bigger before separating :)
Josh

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
I know what you mean about planet tanks in general! Not the market there used to be! These brims are doing great in a mates salamander tank, the mount holes are drilled all the way though and packed with moss so excess water can run out, so they are never to dry or too wet! As I said these were small as pups go as I was new to broms! But they did all survive and do great! With more exspiriancen I now allow to grow bigger before separating :)
Josh
Yer a few years ago, Planted tanks sold quickly, now thats not the case as more people are getting involved.

Glad to hear they are doing well though.

jay

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yer! There doing grate! When I was first getting into it there were loads around for sale a going for good money! I think your right its more people giving it a go at making them themselfs so they dot buy ones already done!
Josh

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Yer! There doing grate! When I was first getting into it there were loads around for sale a going for good money! I think your right its more people giving it a go at making them themselfs so they dot buy ones already done!
Josh
Yer I know its really annoying lol. I made a few quid selling some lol.

jay

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha I still am doing but can't just makes general one and sell anymore! I have a few people that want them custom building for the spefic species there putting in!! But the commission builds are few and far between these days!
Josh

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Haha I still am doing but can't just makes general one and sell anymore! I have a few people that want them custom building for the spefic species there putting in!! But the commission builds are few and far between these days!
Josh
yer and now there is so many people doing it, its just not worth it cost wise anymore.

I've just noticed you not all that far away. You ever made it down to our monthly meets in stoke?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No iv not as of yet!! When is the next? I'd love to come! Stoke is a nice drive so I'm happy to do it! Put some faces to the names I'm getti to k ow off here!! Lol
Josh

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just seen your sig!!! Lol I'm an idiot and need to read more rather than jump to the question! So it's the 29th this month?
:)

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Just seen your sig!!! Lol I'm an idiot and need to read more rather than jump to the question! So it's the 29th this month?
:)
Yep 29th of this month, at the Gardner's Retreat in stoke. This month we are putting on a farm themed night with llamas, poneys, pigs and chickens in attendance along with the usual reps.

jay

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That sounds brilliant! Count me and the missis in!! We will be there! :) what time is it? Cheers!
Josh

1 - 20 of 22 Posts