Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought Id post these piccies that Tim took while I was at his house today, as I wont get round to taking any! Anyhow, this is the Yellow Anaconda that was up for rehoming from Simonc a little while ago.

His name is Adrian Annie Stinker, so named because my OH wanted him to be called Adrian, Sparkle wanted him to be called Annie, and Tim wanted him to be called Stink...:lol:

These pics were taken in Tims loft, and the Anaconda only went for us twice :lol: But we had the special gloves of coolness, and they saved us from being bitten :lol: Im holding him in the pics, and theres a special one at the end if a brave soldier, which is more than I can say for Tim! :lol: :lol:

And the special one:

:lol: He is gorgeous! Thanks very much Simon, was nice meeting you :lol:

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I have my reasons for not holding stinker.. but I dont see why I should tell them to commoners like you :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Commoner??!! Well.....Pffffffft! Wusssssssssssss!!! :lol:

Hes in his viv all nice and warm now, so hes happy lol, had a quick handle before I put him in the viv, he is so pretty, really bright yellow colouration, hes gorgeous. :lol:

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Have got to say though he is stunning.. as always piccies dont do him justice.. but seeing as I took them of course they do :lol: :lol: Although he gave a few nips towards us and me and Dave hid behind a contico lid I still think he's a lovely snake :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
nice conda there :)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awww, Thanks :D He is gorgeous, I know I keep saying it, but he is soooo stunning, Im making the most of him being placid at the moment :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
really nice conda there good luck with him hope he stays in a tame mood for a long time for you :wink: dont forget the magical gloves too !

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol, Im betting that come tomorrow he'll be a bugger, but Im not overly fussed, so long as he's happy, and I have some super magical gloves, Im fine :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the lovely comments :lol:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i notice it says the special one after that piccie of sparkle? lol

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
What about his character?I would also like to see how hiw viv is arranged and get more details on the housing you provided him with?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea sure. He is on newspaper at the moment, because I have only just got him, easier for me to monitor him etc. He is in a 2ftsq viv in my stack at the mo, with those exo terra (i think) hides, and a large-ish water bowl and a branch to climb on. He'll be upgraded to a larger viv the middle of next year, when we build some more, but as he is not of too large a size yet, the viv he is in is fine for now, it is providing the temps, humidity and the space to move he needs so Im happy :lol:

Heating wise, he has a heat mat and spot bulb, both on stats, the bulb is guarded and the mat is covered. Temps are 75f - 87f, hot spot of 90f. Moist hide too. I don't have pics at the mo, but will get some once Christmas and new year are out the way.

Character wise he is good as gold at the moment. Hasn't taken too badly to me handling him. He can get a little feisty, but he hasn't gone for me yet, or musked on me. He is really lovely to handle, as he hasn't quite gone past the 'Im bigger and stronger than you' stage yet, which is good :lol: So far I have handled him a couple of times, getting him in and out of the viv for cage maintenance, and he has been fine with me reaching in to get him out. I tend to use a hook though, just because it is easier for me :lol: Im pleased with his temperament at the moment, but am pretty confident that it will change as he gets older, but thats something I am prepared for having kept an aggressive Burm and Boa.

Hope that answered your questions, if there is anything I missed let me know :lol:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Yes thanks.As for me,i have the viv settled with half the surface dedicated to a large water tank so he can bathe.He quite enjoy live fishes too as prey. :D

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
what are these coolness gloves? do thay keep your hands cool to stop the snake from striking? or where you just taking the piss :D

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol, sorry, I was just taking the piss :lol:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts