Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Not sure if many of you remember, Recently I posted a message about my crazy CornSnake trying to Kill me everytime I went in the tank!

You guys and Girls gave me some really good tips which have worked!

I started with the garden glove, Left it in there for a few days(she started sleepingin it!) then I used the other one with my hand on for her to move over me (took her a few days to do this!) After this I used both hands in the tank the glove hand first and the ungloved hand behind..

Now i can pick her up without it and she doesnt try to strike me WHOOOO WHOOOO!!!

I took her to the vet for a check up last week and she is a little small for her age which is totally my fault because I had been feeding her 2 fuzzies every 2 weeks! (thats what I was told :( ) I am now feeding 3 Fuzzie every week on the vets advice...

Thank you so much for your help! Ill get some pics when I can!
Thanks
Bex
xxxx

·
Registered
597 Posts
thats good that she doesnt strike, its good that you worked with her to make her not strike aswell.

i edited the last part, i guess the snake might be too small to move up in size food :) i read it a second time, well you can always try moving it up to the next size food.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
yeah i agree with all that jack... its also cheaper lol..

good news all round hun

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey :)

Sorry for the ignorance this is my first snake (helpedEx look after his corn but she was a lot bigger!)! I thinkI read somewhere that you shouldnt feed them food items bigger than the thickest part of there body.Is this Cr*p?? If thats the case then Small mice are a little to big at the moment :(

Still havent pushed her to far by holding her out the tank as she is still a little nervous but hey im getting somewhere with her!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
They can handle food up to 1.5 times the thickest part of their body, but a single food item equivalent to the thickness of the body is a perfectly adequate, and safer, meal.

If you didn't want to move up to the next size of mouse you could try rat pups if you can find some small ones. Maybe in a few weeks time if she's still a bit small.
Whenever you do it, the next step up in food should be a larger size item, rather than a greater qty of fuzzies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts