Reptile Forums banner

That feeling

Tags
happy
360 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  beccacbn 
#1 ·
You buy a set up for your reptile of choice, but, before you bring your new friend home you need to build your set up (easy ish) and then, start on getting the temps correct (NOT EASY if new to hobby). I'm guessing some people have been in this situation.
1-You find yourself staring at the viv for about 4 hours a day, staring non stop to see if it goes up or down stressing.
2-After 4 hours of watching and playing around stressing like a mo fo you get it right and you think your job is complete.
3-IT'S NOT and you spend another 4 hours fiddling, stressing even more but in the end after a 8 hour stare off it's working like a dream
4-THAT FEELING of happiness, joy, proudness of your viv making skills and admiring your new friend. PRICELESS!
Happy X-mas all and hope you have fab New Year!!!

#4 ·
Your post made me laugh so much. We have recently acquired a bearded dragon and I went through the viv temp thing. It drove my husband mad!!

It was all sorted but then the sun came out today and shone into the viv right onto the thermostat probe - lucky I was home and noticed that the basking light wasnt on!

So now I am back to watching the viv temp!

Hope this lizard husbandry gets easier with experience!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.