Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy a ceramic bulb for one of my vivs which is the best? Also the best fitting for it as well?

It is a 4 foot viv so I know I will need about 150w but where abouts should this be placed?

Will be getting a cage for it at the same time :)

Any help would be great thanks :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Most ceramic bulbs are pretty good and very reliable. The lucky reptile "dark spots" are very good. The EuroRep Ceramic fittings are also pretty good as they come complete and wired up. The only issue with them is that there's no hook to fit them to the roof. You need to use some wire p-clips.

Obviously make sure the ceramic is on a thermostat - preferably a pulse stat. Ive known ceramic bulbs to last 15 years when statted and looked after!

Hope this helps

F

·
0 Posts
Most of the British manufactured ones come from the same factory/production line so quality wise they should all be roundabout the same - just avoid cheaper chinese imports.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Lots of cheap ceramics on eBay, there half the price of branded ones even with the postage and just as good :) fit the ceramic on the roof of the viv a quarter way in from one side and in the middle from front to back :2thumb:

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Hi Skillzo

Which type of viv have you got? The Arcadia Ceramic Lamp Holder & Bracket may be suitable as you can attach it to a glass terrarium using self adhesive pads or screw it to a wooden viv. A couple of members of the Swell team say that they use that as way of mounting their lamps to the viv.
And for the bulb, take a look at these ceramic heaters
Have you decided which cage you're getting for the lamp?

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lots of cheap ceramics on eBay, there half the price of branded ones even with the postage and just as good :) fit the ceramic on the roof of the viv a quarter way in from one side and in the middle from front to back :2thumb:
That's great thanks :)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Skillzo

Which type of viv have you got? The Arcadia Ceramic Lamp Holder & Bracket may be suitable as you can attach it to a glass terrarium using self adhesive pads or screw it to a wooden viv. A couple of members of the Swell team say that they use that as way of mounting their lamps to the viv.
And for the bulb, take a look at these ceramic heaters
Have you decided which cage you're getting for the lamp?

Hope this helps

I take it I would have to bend the bracket to put it in the middle tho?

I had a look at those lamps as well but could see much in the way of guards on your website?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Reptiles ink on here are good for guards :2thumb:

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Custom Guards Ltd - Heat and Light Guards for Reptile & Vivarium Environments

are the best ..If you need something other than the usual design/shape/size ..tell them what you want .. they tell you the price...they make it .. CUSTOM...
I recently took delivery of my tube heater guard from Richard at Custom Guards Ltd - Heat and Light Guards for Reptile & Vivarium Environments Its a very nicely fabricated 5.5 mm mesh design .. here's my tube heater safely enclosed within

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Custom Guards Ltd - Heat and Light Guards for Reptile & Vivarium Environments

are the best ..If you need something other than the usual design/shape/size ..tell them what you want .. they tell you the price...they make it .. CUSTOM...
I recently took delivery of my tube heater guard from Richard at Custom Guards Ltd - Heat and Light Guards for Reptile & Vivarium Environments Its a very nicely fabricated 5.5 mm mesh design .. here's my tube heater safely enclosed within
That looks really good looks much better than the round guards for them will give them ago :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts