Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a spare cornner viv its big i was thing about doing a challenge to fill it with different types of corn and i can spend more than 30 on them do you think i can do it

ben

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
i think it would be best to just put 1 snake in the viv

·
Banned
6,748 Posts
Agree with everyone else sorry corns really shouldnt be kept together unless for breeding

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
it seems like your going a bit out of your depth, why is it worth risking the snakes? it sounds like a silly thing and a waste of time: victory:

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
i have a spare cornner viv its big i was thing about doing a challenge to fill it with different types of corn and i can spend more than 30 on them do you think i can do it

ben
Yeah, there's all sorts of fresh, tinned and dried corn you can get - creamed corn, niblets, corn on the cob, Tesco own brand, Orville Redenbacher microwave popcorn....

And I'm sure you could fill a big viv with 'em for less than £30.

Now, on the other hand, if you mean corn SNAKES... I wouldn't personally keep them together unless you are fully equipped to separate them if things go pear-shaped - and not to do it unless you have a couple of fully adult proven ("I've seen this animal lay eggs") females.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
lol, good answer

·
Registered
675 Posts
My Corns Seem To Love Being In Together, I Always Make Sure I Feed Them Separate And Have Atowel To Gently Wipe Round Their Mouths After Feeding To Get As Much Of The Scent Off As Poss, Never Had A Regurge So Dont Think It Stresses Them Or Anything?.

·
Registered
25,692 Posts
Seems a bit silly to challenge yourself to fill a viv with corn snakes.

Pick a snake you like and look after it properly.

·
Massive Member
11,823 Posts
My Corns Seem To Love Being In Together, I Always Make Sure I Feed Them Separate And Have Atowel To Gently Wipe Round Their Mouths After Feeding To Get As Much Of The Scent Off As Poss, Never Had A Regurge So Dont Think It Stresses Them Or Anything?.
Just Out Of Interest, Why Do You Write Every Word Starting With A Capital?

·
Registered
675 Posts
I am in work and have caps lock on sorrrrrrrrry!!!!!! :blush:

·
Registered
675 Posts
i do it all the time tho!! Need something do distract me from accounts!!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i dont see why you cant kept them together i have seen them in big groups a lot?

i have lots of snakes i keep and breed?

and never had any problems
ben

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
i dont see why you cant kept them together i have seen them in big groups a lot?

i have lots of snakes i keep and breed?

and never had any problems
ben
Are the ones you see in big groups in pet shops?

Keep in mind that a pet shop's plan is NOT to house a snake for its entire life... it's to get the snake moved into someone ELSE's house for a profit!

If they can make their profit by keeping twenty hatchling corn snakes in one viv (and don't lose too much if one dies because it's tried to eat someone else, or because it's stressed) then some pet shops will do it. If they can make their profit by housing half a dozen adult corns in one viv, and if they breed, eh, that's extra babies for the shop to sell, they might well do that too.

I don't know of anyone personally who keeps mixed-sex large groups together in a private collection.

I know one person who keeps their males together. They also keep their proven females together - the ones they personally have seen lay eggs.

I know one or two people who keep breeding pairs together.

I know LOTS of people who keep each and every corn snake in a separate enclosure.

I'm one of those.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts