Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kings nake

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have withered the e possible snake that i could get down to 3!! time to vote on which u think would make the best...personally i dont really want corn as they hardly move whenever u see em...kinda boring..

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
AVA said:
i dont really want corn as they hardly move whenever u see em...kinda boring..
if you dont want a corn because they are "kinda boring" i think you should go for a king but i think they are kinda boring.
go with what you like its going to live a long time :)

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
alot of snakes do not really do anything however saying that my corns are a damn site more active then the royals i used to have or any of the boas i have no. Seeing as your list is all colubrids have you thought about rat snakes i have an albino black rat snake and he is a beaut.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I say kings.. my kings are alot of fun to watch.. out and about most of the day and asleep at night. But remember for a week once a month and 2 - 3 days every week they will be boring when they digest or shed. If its something lively you want to see in the day your best bet is a bearded dragon or something like that. They are out and about every day and are a lot more "social".

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont want a beardie as much as i want a snake tho. i used to have a leopard geko but he died :( cause i was only in 6th grade and didnt no anybetter and bought him from petco :(
a sicence teacher at my jr. high had a couple corns and that what inspired me to start wanting a snake...3 years later i might get one!

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Well what you have to remember is each snake is different. You can have some crazy corns which are out and about all the time when you can also have a king that does nothing but sleep. So its not so much the best snake but picking a nice lively one.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
well i'm always gonna go for corns given the choice.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Im with Tort, A Nelson's Milksnake to be exact :p Nah, If you think corns are boring and never come out, Milks are much the same, Im not so sure about Kings, but they are all very similiar in the 'shy' terms.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I still say go for a corn. I've had 6 myself, and I've never met an agressive one anywhere - the worst I've found was just a little bit lively when handled.

Kings - 2 out of the 3 that I've had definitely weren't starter snakes. One, a male cali was a total psycho.

Milks - only had one - great feeder but not great for handling as a first snake - doesn't settle easily and always musked when he was younger.
Never met a truly calm one that accepted handling like most corns do.

In the end, it's entirely up to you. But with a corn you are definitely more likely to end up with a snake that you can handle regularly and easily, which is a pretty important factor with a first snake IMO.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Liam they have a few of those in my local reptile shop. They seem like lovely snakes... just dont like the price tags on Milks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok so kingsnake is out due to its viciousness twords being handled...its between corn snake and milk....i went to a actually good pet shop this time and they let me handle one of their pueblan (i dont know how to spell it) milks and one of their corns..both were great and the milk didnt musk at all. both seem like great pets but the milk is 100$ and the corn is 60$....so..which do u think?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts