Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See, look what he's done! Now they are all at it, testing to see if it really works!

The jury may as well be there mums and dads, and then see if they find them guilty!

Four York City players arrested following incident in York sandwich shop

9:05am Monday 3rd August 2009
Updated 10:34am: FOUR York City footballers arrested after a late night altercation in the city centre have been released on police bail.
Strikers Michael Rankine and Michael Gash, winger Craig Nelthorpe and goalkeeper Michael Ingham, were arrested in the early hours of Sunday morning following an incident at the Subway food outlet in Clifford Street.
The four – who had been in The Gallery nightclub – are understand to have been involved in a disagreement with two adult males.
Acting Chief Inspector of Operations for North Yorkshire Police, Mark Iveson, said the disagreement “escalated into violence” and the two males were subjected to a “serious assault”, one of which ended up in York Hospital with facial injuries.

The football stars were consequently arrested and remained in custody at York police station last night.

Speaking to The Press this morning, Acting Chief Insp Iveson said: “Following the arrest and subsequent interview of four York City footballers, all have now been released on bail whilst police enquiries continue.

“One of the injured parties was taken to York Hospital in the early hours of Sunday morning where he received treatment for facial injuries.
“He was released later that day.
“We can not comment further at this stage.”

City manager Martin Foyle said last night that he had given all the players the go-ahead to have a night out at the end of the run of pre-season matches.

The City's pre-season programme of matches ended in a 3-1 defeat at AFC Halifax Town on Saturday. Nelthorpe had been red-carded in the game at The Shay on Saturday afternoon, City’s Blue Square Premier campaign is due to start on Saturday away to Oxford United.
Manager Martin Foyle said: “There was a little bit of bother.
“From the start, I want to make it clear that I gave these boys permission to go out, the whole squad went out. “They all had a bite to eat together, it was their night to let their hair down after working really hard during the pre-season.

“Typically, at the end of the night there was an incident. It’s hard to comment as I haven’t got all the facts. It is all on CCTV so I’m going to wait to see what that brings to light.

“I’ve had players in trouble before, it happens, but I’m taking no immediate action until I know more.”

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Footballers are overpaid nancy boys, it makes me sick.

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
thirded
bleeding football - despise it

·
Registered
186 Posts
In the words of Frankie Boyle - 'Over payed knocks it on to over-rated, over-rated to possible rapist, possible rapist knocks it forward GOAAAAAAL!'

·
Registered
8,495 Posts

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
There are whole books on the football/violence phenomenon.

Especially domestic violence.

It's old news.

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
Yes... im sure non-league footballers are over paid, still footballers no?
Also...viera, nani, jamie lawrence... nancy boys?!? They would put most rugby players on there backside lol
So basically what you're saying is, your dad's bigger than his dad?

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
I am suprised they didn't get filled in to be honest. Some of the women in York are well hard.

·
Registered
8,495 Posts
So basically what you're saying is, your dad's bigger than his dad?
Did i comment about him or myself in what i said?...no i didnt, nice try though : victory:

Feel free to make a more relevant response if you wish... i dont know you so i wont sway towards your childish internet ego

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
Did i comment about him or myself in what i said?...no i didnt, nice try though : victory:

Feel free to make a more relevant response if you wish... i dont know you so i wont sway towards your childish internet ego
Your post just said 'these footballers are harder than those rugby players'. It was the equivalent of just saying 'my dad is bigger than your dad'. That was my point.

·
Registered
8,495 Posts
Your post just said 'these footballers are harder than those rugby players'. It was the equivalent of just saying 'my dad is bigger than your dad'. That was my point.
It was an example as rugby players are generally labelled as 'ard men...
And its not equivalent as i like both football and rugby so i am not bias, i was clearly making a point that not all footballers are nancy boys or over paid.

No comparison intended in what i said... and 'those rugby players' being who?
I believe is said 'most'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts