Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
exoterra thermohydrometer reads 70% humidity but the vermiculite feels moist there condensation and i place dry paper towl over the eggs and its feel moist the thermometer is next to the eggs the temp is 84-85f

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
forget the exo terra thing, condensation is good, watch ur eggs, if they dimple, put a damp tissue over them till they plump out out, and remove again, ur temp is good, sounds like ur humidity is spot on too, let ur eggs be ur guide though, after all its whats in them thats most important :) you'll have little snakes in no time.

rgds
ed

exoterra thermohydrometer reads 70% humidity but the vermiculite feels moist there condensation and i place dry paper towl over the eggs and its feel moist the thermometer is next to the eggs the temp is 84-85f

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
personally if your medium feels moist then i would say its too damp...but thats just me

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
it doesnt feel soaked it feel damp or moist i cant sqeze water out of it at all no one single drop.

also what i consider moist does not mean soaked just to state.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
the squeezy no water thing is bang on, if u get an albino two header i want first refusal :2thumb:

rgds
ed

it doesnt feel soaked it feel damp or moist i cant sqeze water out of it at all no one single drop.

also what i consider moist does not mean soaked just to state.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the squeezy no water thing is bang on, if u get an albino two header i want first refusal :2thumb:

rgds
ed
i hope i dont get a double headed corn snake.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
do they fight over food? ha

·
Registered
14 Posts
I THINK, there have been a few. There is one pictured in Kathy Loves book and I think there has been one that actually lived quite a healthy long life.... I think lol....

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i bought a new thermohydrometer and it reads around 90% humidity i think my other one was wrong so..

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
there a few diples on the eggs yet the humidity is 91% and the eggs have a handfull of sphagnum moss over them so is this normall.

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
there a few diples on the eggs yet the humidity is 91% and the eggs have a handfull of sphagnum moss over them so is this normall.
Wait and see after a couple of days, I have not yet had a hygrometer that is actualy acurate, if they continue to dip get a syring and put some more warm water aroung the eggs in the vermiculite, the moss is that damp or dry?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wait and see after a couple of days, I have not yet had a hygrometer that is actualy acurate, if they continue to dip get a syring and put some more warm water aroung the eggs in the vermiculite, the moss is that damp or dry?
its a little dry so i sprayed it with a little room temp water.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If it was getting a little dry it would have been absorbing the humidity of the tub, make sure you take the moss out to spray it or you could ruin the eggs.
oh i mean i did befor i put it in whe n i was spraying it :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts