Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the latest addition to the gang,he's a mojave royal.hopefully we'll be able to breed him sometime next year,and we'll have little baby mojaves(hopefully)
like to know what you all think of him :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thats a nice royal!!!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
oooooooooow its very nice,gimme gimme gimme, how old is he?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he's round the 18 month mark maybe abit older,not too sure exactly

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kooli said:
aww beautiful! he would go nice with our Spider python! ;)
yeah thats a good idea,it'd be interesting to see the outcome of that!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'd never have a green burm in a collection like that. With the whole IBD thing you risking the health of alot of snakes.
Sorry, just my opinion.
Lovely Royal. :evil:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think its a bit harsh to come out with a comment like that,your assuming that because we have different spicies of snake, that we look after them poorly?that we house them all in the same viv or even same room??

i don't really think you should make comments like that when you don't know a person.we give all our time to our snakes,and there are looked after in the best possible way and we would never put them in any danger!!!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Oh no he/shes right! Every responsible snake keeper should only have one animal at a time. That is more than enough. Figures have shown that 99% of us are not capable of spotting or stopping the spread of IBD within our collections. Dunno about you guys, but im selling up :roll:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
nice royal :thumb:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
from what i understand no one knows what causes IBD but just because people keep boas and pythons does not mean they spread or cause IBD,if that was the case how would reptile shops make a living!!!
also if you bought an infected animal say a burm, you wouldn't know about it for possiply many years,so it could be passed on if you kept just pythons,it's not a disease that is transmitted exclusivly from boa to python or vis-versa.

sorry just had to add that.OBYTES i realise that IBD is a serious,incureable disease,but that was an O.T.T remark

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
sorry bout the ott sarcasm, just cant stand people like that. where did you get your egg eater? i think their amazing. what kind of eggs can they live on in captivity?

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
thats a stunning royal :D

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
malky201 said:
sorry bout the ott sarcasm, just cant stand people like that. where did you get your egg eater? i think their amazing. what kind of eggs can they live on in captivity?
oh that wasn't directed at you,i got that you were being sarcie :lol: we got her from reptile room at blackpool,she's just layed another cluch of eggs actually,hopefully some will hatch this time.she eats chicken eggs although there not really the best thing for them they have less nutrience,quail eggs are better.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Oh my God. You lucky bugger!

I love Mojaves! I want to get one, but they are so expensive!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Ive never came across anyone who breeds them, how much did you pay for her? and would you be selling any of the babies?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
we didn't intentionally breed her.she was sold to us as a male and one day when i finished work,i looked in her viv and saw what looked like eggs!!so some how she was mated before we got her,and no one had noticed.unfortunatly the eggs went bad,and we thought that was the end of that!we were wrong.a few days ago she started to lay again,these eggs look healthier,but we're not sure if they'll be fertile we'll just have to wait and see,but so far so good!egg eaters have the ability to store sperm so they can have second cluches with out being mated a second time(i don't know if other snakes can do this) we call her the virgin mary :D

if the eggs hatch,and all goes well, we will be selling them,but it probably won't be till early next year

oh,and i think we paid about £85/£90 for her

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
very very nice royal

but what does IBD stand for

1 - 20 of 24 Posts