Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wonna have all this in my biger viv, for my Rainbow Boa, would it be ok?
spaghum moss, and forest floor(cypres mulch)
Nambia Coco Chip
Nambi Bamboo leaves (on a shelve)
Loads of fake plants
Water fall MAYBE
BIG water bowl,
1 big hide
1 medium humid hide with moss in it.
Branch out side of viv
ceramic heater and HEATMAT??
40watt bulb or floresant bulb DURING DAY ONLY!

what other substrate could i use, and what else do you sugest, or what do you think shouldn't go in the viv.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's with the branch outside the viv..? :-?
lol no i mean the branch stuck to the side of viv, or come out of the floor hmmmm :|

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol ok so do its sound ok, for a PRB?

·
Registered
641 Posts
It's a lot of stuff... will it all fit in? lol :razz:

As long as you have the basics (hide, water bowl etc) then the rest is really up to you and your imagination. A lot of these viv accessories you can get are really aimed at the owners rather than having any practical purpose for the reptiles themselves. Just make sure you get the bits you need to get right, right... and you'll be fine 8)

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yer it will fit in. i think, whatever doesnt i can always use for another viv. And it will be 40insx3ft

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Nothing That Should Damage your Rainbow. But Just Make sure your objects are secured well. Best of Luck with it, I hear Rainbow Boas are ruthless with there vivariums :p I bet a 10er that it will be destroyed by the next morning :p lol.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
spaghum moss
forest floor(cypres mulch)
Nambia Coco Chip
Nambi Bamboo leaves
Why'd you need four subs ?
You can just use spag moss and bark, i use orchid. I bought those bamboo leaves, cos they loked good on the website, but they were all dry and crackley, so i wouldn't bother with them lol
Also why would you need coco chip ?
Unless you put that one the shelf :?
What i would do is put moss on the shelf, orchid bark on the floor and put areas of moos aswell and a humid hide with moss, so s/he has variuos humid parts etc
I am abit like you with all the decor, i like to spend lots of money lol
I am downsizing my BRB in to a smaller viv, as he doesn't climb much, so i have built a 4 x 2 x 2 (lxhxw) viv and have done a jungle background abit like this, but less compact: Page 1
Then i am going to put a shelf in there and put his humid hide up there or normal hiding spot up there and more hides through out the viv, along with climbing braches and his plants & waterfall.... i will upload pics when i'm done lol

Soz to go on lol :oops: .... but yes yours sounds good :razz:

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nothing That Should Damage your Rainbow. But Just Make sure your objects are secured well. Best of Luck with it, I hear Rainbow Boas are ruthless with there vivariums :p I bet a 10er that it will be destroyed by the next morning :p lol.
Hope not....lol

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why'd you need four subs ?
You can just use spag moss and bark, i use orchid. I bought those bamboo leaves, cos they loked good on the website, but they were all dry and crackley, so i wouldn't bother with them lol
Also why would you need coco chip ?
Unless you put that one the shelf :?
What i would do is put moss on the shelf, orchid bark on the floor and put areas of moos aswell and a humid hide with moss, so s/he has variuos humid parts etc
I am abit like you with all the decor, i like to spend lots of money lol
I am downsizing my BRB in to a smaller viv, as he doesn't climb much, so i have built a 4 x 2 x 2 (lxhxw) viv and have done a jungle background abit like this, but less compact: Page 1
Then i am going to put a shelf in there and put his humid hide up there or normal hiding spot up there and more hides through out the viv, along with climbing braches and his plants & waterfall.... i will upload pics when i'm done lol

Soz to go on lol :oops: .... but yes yours sounds good :razz:
Looks good that back ground btw.Anyway i was going to use moss on shelve and floor, coco chips on floor(they look good) or could put on shelve, bamboo leaves on a shelve, but probly not now lol. Is coco chips no good as main sub? can you post a pic of your viv with orchid substrate, i use wood chips at da mo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts