Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't own one currently but hope to in the next few years, so I want to see photos of your red tail(s), enclosure photos, and hear of your experiences with these wonderful, beautiful and crazy snakes.

Anyone got a 'Tame' one? :lol2:

:2thumb:

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I don't own one currently but hope to in the next few years, so I want to see photos of your red tail(s), enclosure photos, and hear of your experiences with these wonderful, beautiful and crazy snakes.

Anyone got a 'Tame' one? :lol2:

:2thumb:
Did you go to the March Leicester meeting? Adam and Charlotte brought along a lovely red tailed racer. Fantastic snake - I'm waiting for them to breed some!

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you go to the March Leicester meeting? Adam and Charlotte brought along a lovely red tailed racer. Fantastic snake - I'm waiting for them to breed some!
Nah I couldn't go I was dead Ill :bash:

:D I know they are hoping to breed them in a few years, I'm hoping to get one of their offspring when the times comes. : victory:

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
14,312 Posts
I'm impressed at how relatively calm looking they are :lol2:

I'm guessing they are wild caught?

thanks for the wonderful photos!

My origional adult pair were yes, but they did produce quite a few cb babies for me over the years. the female had a few old scars on her, but most of them looked like she had been restrained too hard by her previous owner, and had damaged her that way, she was very aggressive and would always go for the face, she was great fun to work with. The male was unblemished, you can see him in the bottom pics and in the tub, when ever i get wc of these in i always tub them for a few weeks and get them feeding first before i move them into vivs.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
some people are idiots. :bash:

I'm hoping to get captive bred to avoid any issues like parasites, feeding or adapting issues etc.

I also hear captive bred can be a lot easier to deal with, so long as I can clean out the viv and move it about a bit I don't really care.

other than the attitude are they vary hard to keep?

they spend most of their time up in the branches yes?

·
Registered
14,312 Posts
some people are idiots. :bash:

I'm hoping to get captive bred to avoid any issues like parasites, feeding or adapting issues etc.

I also hear captive bred can be a lot easier to deal with, so long as I can clean out the viv and move it about a bit I don't really care.

other than the attitude are they vary hard to keep?

they spend most of their time up in the branches yes?
To be honest most of the wc i have had in i have had no issues getting to feed or treating them for stuff, all have been relatively easy, i always get them started on chicks, then swap them over to a mice / rat and chick diet.
Care for them is pretty simple, and yes if given the chance they will spend alot of the time in the branches, babies i have found can be found hidden under bits of bark at floor level, but as adults mine were always up in the cage, i used bird boxes for nest boxes and hides so they never had to go to the ground level, as they drunk the water of the greenery and their scales when sprayed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.