Reptile Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks. The following isn't pretty, for that i can only apologise.

Recently a forum member going by the name of "Sano" posted up the details of a collection that is for sale. This collection was said to be owned by a "Peter Hughes" who apparently ran a mini-zoo based in Ireland.

The unfortunate reality is that neither "Sano" or "Peter Hughes" exist.

The following IP adress was gained after conversations over email with both "people":

This is also the IP adress of another forum member, "Elanor" who appears to have the real name of Andrea Parry-Jones.

After some snooping i have pinpointed the location of this IP to be in Bangor, Wales. More specifically Coleg Menai within Bangor.

I do NOT wish anyone to contact the college yet. I would ask that EVERY single person who was given paypal details to pay for animals to contact me, either via PM or on here.

I will then be contacting both the college and the police armed with the list of people she has tried to fraudulently tried to gain money from and the full details of what has been going on.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but hopefully it will stop her getting any money from people unlawfully.

Thanks
Dan

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
no way, the cow

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
F*K! I didnt know who Sanos was. I was WAY off the mark, but WELL DONE! If you right, that has to be an 11/10!

Seriously though, I hope that everyone who has been fleeced get their money back, and has a BIG thank you for Dan for figuring this out.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i think you should all put on here howmuch you have paid, just so we can work out how much she owes.. the scamming little sod

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so so sorry to hear that....was a total bitch!!!
I really hope every1 gets their money back :evil:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
good ****ing job i hadn't sent retic any money yet then. i know i'd have got it back off him, but if he'd given the money to her, then we'd both be screwed

what a ****

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not sure if she has managed to get money from anyone as of yet. I do know she was asking people for it though.

I can understand if you don't want to look a fool in public so if anyone PM's me with an amount that they paid it will only be made known to the police.

Nige, can someone make this a sticky for the next 24hrs or so? I want to make sure that everyone reads this in order to ensure as many people contact me as possible.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
F*****G Hell, She inquired about alot of my snakes for sale a couple weeks ago, if she had bought them with scam money I would of felt bad.
Bloody woman, string her up I say, or lock her away and throw away the key.
sounds harsh but I cant stand fraudsters.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
lnvexotics said:
not mrd is it? :?:
who sent them money? and what for?
im a bit lost :?
now theres a thought eh

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
reticulatus said:
I'm not sure if she has managed to get money from anyone as of yet. I do know she was asking people for it though.

I can understand if you don't want to look a fool in public so if anyone PM's me with an amount that they paid it will only be made known to the police.

Nige, can someone make this a sticky for the next 24hrs or so? I want to make sure that everyone reads this in order to ensure as many people contact me as possible.
no probs dude.. although i feel it maynot need it.

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
cornmorphs said:
lnvexotics said:
now theres a thought eh
that asshole operated from bangor university too

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
gaz said:
cornmorphs said:
lnvexotics said:
now theres a thought eh
really??? omg, that is very suspicious then

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
gaz said:
cornmorphs said:
lnvexotics said:
now theres a thought eh
really??? omg, that is very suspicious then

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If someone could provide me with the IP from "mrd" i can find out if it's the same person :wink:
If needed i can get it right down to exactly where within the college it was done from, depending on a few things playing in my favour.

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
can you not get it from an old post? or thread sorry?
there are others on other forums, maybe do a search there?
if not t-bo might be able to help, hes pretty good with all that sort of stuff

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.