Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know without spending a fortune on thermometers and calibiration equipment your never going to get a 100% accurate reading but is there any brand/model which are better than others?

I'm looking for ones with external probes ideally.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm new to reptiles so my information might not be valid.

you can try looking around for digital thermometers. Personally I find them easier to read than analogue. Exo Terra have their own thermo and Hydrometers

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
You want a infrared thermometer they are 100% accurate and measure temps instantly :2thumb:

The cheapest one I could find was £20 and its so good that I would never think of using a digital ever again :gasp:

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
You want a infrared thermometer they are 100% accurate and measure temps instantly :2thumb:

The cheapest one I could find was £20 and its so good that I would never think of using a digital ever again :gasp:
I sell them for £14 :gasp:
NO infrared thermometers are 100% accurate though due to the way that they work.
They are +/- 2 degree

·
Registered
3,358 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
£14 is cheap :2thumb:
But they are within that 2 degrees 100% of the time are they not?

This is the one I bought, it looks a bit tacky in the pic but its actually a very solid well made piece of kit.
Non-Contact IR Laser Gun Infrared Digital Thermometer on eBay (end time 16-Mar-11 11:13:45 GMT)
I don't think you understand +/-2' is a massive difference - so you measure your hotspot at 32'c, so theoretically it could be 34' or 30' - a 4'c tolerance isn't accurate enough IMHO

BT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts