Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm setting up a viv, heated with a reptile radiator on a pulse stat, and a heat mat on a mat stat. I'm going to put the mat stat probe on the false floor above the mat - whats the best way of fixing it to the floor? Gaffer tape the probe (horizontally) or something like Blu Tac (vertically)? Or anything better??

The probe for the pulse stat i was planning on cable tie-ing about 2" above the substrate - sound ok??

Thanks

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
I use blu tac for my probes - dont use tape of any sort as over time it lifts off the sides and the poor snake can get stuck to it :(
I once had a snake get out of its tank and get stuck on tape - not nice for the poor guy.

The pulse probe being cable tied sounds like a good idea :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks Pendle - looks like I'm raiding the office stationery cupboard then!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a habistat probe, do you ensure the tip of the probe (I'm presuming this is where it reads from?) is touching the glass or can you place it horizontally along the glass, essentially so the tip won't be touching it then??? :?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Makes no difference IMO - the thermistor inside, that actually senses the temp, will be a couple of mm's or so from the end anyway, so about the same distance as it is from the wall of the probe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts