Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently putting together a plan for a decent viv for my Carpet to see him through adulthood. I'll be needing a second thermostat, obviously Microclimate (which I currently use) and Habistat are the big names. Has anyone used, or is using, Komodo or Lucky reptile and how are they?

The Lucky Reptile Thermo Control II TC-2UK seems a great spec for the money

Lucky Reptile Thermo Control II TC-2UK - Surrey Pet Supplies

Comments would be gratefully received :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Currently putting together a plan for a decent viv for my Carpet to see him through adulthood. I'll be needing a second thermostat, obviously Microclimate (which I currently use) and Habistat are the big names. Has anyone used, or is using, Komodo or Lucky reptile and how are they?

The Lucky Reptile Thermo Control II TC-2UK seems a great spec for the money

Lucky Reptile Thermo Control II TC-2UK - Surrey Pet Supplies

Comments would be gratefully received :2thumb:
We use Microclimate or Habistat ones in all our tanks which is just over 100 in our reptile centre as we find them spot on.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the response mate.

It's microclimate I use on the mat on my current viv - which I will retain for the new viv. Due to the planned size of the new one, 4 x 2 x 3(h) (as near as damn it), I plan to put a habistat radiator in as well for ambient heat. I liked the look of the lucky rep stat due to the alarm and the ability to time switch a light. Just wondered if many people used them and if there were any reliability issues.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
thanks for the response mate.

It's microclimate I use on the mat on my current viv - which I will retain for the new viv. Due to the planned size of the new one, 4 x 2 x 3(h) (as near as damn it), I plan to put a habistat radiator in as well for ambient heat. I liked the look of the lucky rep stat due to the alarm and the ability to time switch a light. Just wondered if many people used them and if there were any reliability issues.
Got to say we do sell a fair few of these and we have hardly any returns with problems over the time.

As for ambient heat we use AHS heaters in ours with there own stats built in again spot on.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got to say we do sell a fair few of these and we have hardly any returns with problems over the time.

As for ambient heat we use AHS heaters in ours with there own stats built in again spot on.
Whatever I go for it will be from Surrey anyway, just had an order from them and have to say the service was superb.

Looking for advice here - would the habistat radiator provide enough ambient heat for a viv the size I'm planning? - obviously still using a mat for the floor?

If not would the 150w AHS do it?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Whatever I go for it will be from Surrey anyway, just had an order from them and have to say the service was superb.

Looking for advice here - would the habistat radiator provide enough ambient heat for a viv the size I'm planning? - obviously still using a mat for the floor?

If not would the 150w AHS do it?
If it was me i would use 500watt AHS heater in viv.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
In terms of thermostats, I'd only ever use Forttex. They're far cheaper and yet far better than the big names. Never fail, and offer far more as a unit than any other makes. Night/Day settings, built in UV and heat timers, alarms, failsafes, digital read-out thermometers built into the stat probe and so on. Wouldn't go anywhere else!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In terms of thermostats, I'd only ever use Forttex. They're far cheaper and yet far better than the big names. Never fail, and offer far more as a unit than any other makes. Night/Day settings, built in UV and heat timers, alarms, failsafes, digital read-out thermometers built into the stat probe and so on. Wouldn't go anywhere else!
Thanks for the tip, I hadn't heard of those but I'll check them out.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Thanks for the tip, I hadn't heard of those but I'll check them out.
No probs. They also do REALLY good quality heat bulbs at £9 for any wattage which is miles cheaper than reptile branded ones, and cheap heat cable, thermometers and hygrometers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’ve got a lucky reptile thermo control 2 in my leo’s viv and I’ve never had any probs with it so far – have been using it for over a year now since I moved her to her big viv. I’ve got 2 digital thermometers to double check the heatmat temps and it has always been spot on. I like the alarm function you can set if the temps get too high/low, and its good value as well...

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ve got a lucky reptile thermo control 2 in my leo’s viv and I’ve never had any probs with it so far – have been using it for over a year now since I moved her to her big viv. I’ve got 2 digital thermometers to double check the heatmat temps and it has always been spot on. I like the alarm function you can set if the temps get too high/low, and its good value as well...
Thanks for the response - seems a great spec for the price

1 - 11 of 11 Posts