Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Im looking at getting another thermostat, and Im wondering what other thermostats have the day/night mode other than habistat or microclimate thermostats?

I was thinking about the Lucky reptile thermo control II, however do you need to get the 'Pro' version in order to be able to get the day/night mode?

Thanks guys : victory:

·
Registered
4,918 Posts

·
Banned
336 Posts
I think the iSTAT pulse stat has a day/night you set by the inbuilt clock so no dodgy light sensors and also has other features the others dont. May swap over to these myself soon. But i think the others are following suit with digital stuff as well.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the iSTAT pulse stat has a day/night you set by the inbuilt clock so no dodgy light sensors and also has other features the others dont. May swap over to these myself soon. But i think the others are following suit with digital stuff as well.
Yeah, I have seen the iSTAT thermostats and they do look really good.

But am I right in saying the Lucky reptile thermo control Pro II does pretty much every thing that the iSTAT is able to do? i.e day/night mode, alarm system etc, along with being nearly £30 cheaper.

·
Registered
27,924 Posts
Well Im looking at getting another thermostat, and Im wondering what other thermostats have the day/night mode other than habistat or microclimate thermostats?

I was thinking about the Lucky reptile thermo control II, however do you need to get the 'Pro' version in order to be able to get the day/night mode?

Thanks guys : victory:
I have a Lucky Reptile thermo control II stat which I use for my hoggies heat mat, it's turnoed off just now as she's in burmation but on the box it says nothing about it having a day/night mode, I've just been reading what's on the box, so I think you'd need the Pro version.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
I got an istat and have to say very good !

Habistat you will also need a night eye which works on daylight ( if its light in the room day temp, if it goes dark night temps) but you have to buy the stat and night eye seperate, so it works out around the same price as an istat

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Where can I purchase the istat thermostat from?
Istat is on here just search the name if not they sell the themselves on eBay :2thumb:

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Thanks, however I said I dont want the Habistats or microclimate thermostats.

I did mention that the Lucky Reptile Pro has a day and night mode and a link to it showing what it does.

The other stats were put in there for anyone else looking for stats.

I do apologise for causing you any inconvenience:notworthy:

Reactions: Paul F

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Habistat are about to launch a range of digital thermostats next week.
These look very nice
Sounds good, could I have a link aswell please?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yeah, I have seen the iSTAT thermostats and they do look really good.

But am I right in saying the Lucky reptile thermo control Pro II does pretty much every thing that the iSTAT is able to do? i.e day/night mode, alarm system etc, along with being nearly £30 cheaper.
Everything except the thermostat bit. While they have similar features, the thermo control pro is just a pretty inaccurate mat stat type of stat. Meaning only on/off operation with a switching delay of +/- 1 degree C.

Also, the built quality in the lucky reptiles is horrible.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I have used all of the big names in thermostats, but Habistat seem to be the best - there range however has been limited and dated over the last few years.... however, the new digital look fantastic and will be out I think next week.

I dont think there is a link yet but Stuart from Eurorep say's they are due next week, as soon as I have the Pdf flyer i will post it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts