Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

sounds like a dumb question... but:
about to buy my first bd; awaiting the viv at the moment, but which sort of thermostat do i want?!

i want a ceramic heater (maybe 2 -52" long viv) for basking spot, and UVB strip light; and timers for both. and possibly a heat mat midway thru the viv if its hard to heat - but only a thermostat for this i think.

would a 'Habistat Pulse Proportional Thermostat Day / Night' be suitable to control the light and heat issues? :?

and secondly; do you use real wood or that fake plastic-type branches for your bd's home?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
madphish said:
would a 'Habistat Pulse Proportional Thermostat Day / Night' be suitable to control the light and heat issues? :?
Only the heat. Get yourself a timer for the light. they are cheap enough and you can pick them up from pound-shops, Homebase, tesco. Loads of places.

madphish said:
do you use real wood or that fake plastic-type branches for your bd's home?
Real wood. I use plastic plants in snakes cages but not in BD's tanks as they are dumb enough to eat it the plastic leaves.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
the habistat is good, i use real wood for reasons above and it looks better

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
The pulse stat you mentioned will be perfect for the ceramic heater. You will probably find you dont need a heatmat but if you get one this should be controlled by a mat thermostat. The UV should not be on a stat but should be regulated by a timer as you planned to do originally.

Best of luck with your new beardie, please post some piccies when he arrives :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts