Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just cleaning out the larger of my two albino cali's as she had made a bit of a "mess" in her water dish when she decided to start eating me. First couple of explorative bites didn't even leave a tooth mark so I though OK, that's kind of endearing. I only got her fairly recently and have never had a really bitey cali before, although I know full well that they can, but both my female albinos have the totally manic albino cali thing going on. This one is perfectly tame but just decided that I was food today. She had 6 attempts, two of which have drawn blood :gasp:. It was getting quite comic because as soon as I got her off from one bite and was trying to unwrap her from my arm she was biting me somewhere else; actually I'm still grinning about it :lol2:. Sorry can't upload pics at the mo but can text them if someone else can do it for me :2thumb:. Not good quality pics anyway but one of them shows a perfect cali bite mark. I had to use a splash of spirits to get her off (gin actually) but didn't dim her appetite as she was still trying to grab me again as I got her back in her rub. It's going to be interesting feeding her later (and no I hadn't got food out yet, so she couldn't smell it). I think that this one is going to be fun when she gets up to breeding size :whistling2:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Lol

Yes only once though when i was looking at nother snake and feeding it on tongs, she decided tongs wernt tasty and got me instead!!

Glad to hear is ok

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, she's lovely and a great feeder! Thing is that she is normally totally tame, unlike my other albino female. She is growing well and definitely intent on reaching breeding size for next year :no1:. I'm really looking forward to getting some hatchlings from her, but I think that I will have to watch Pearl carefully when I put Lenny in next spring as she is totally manic about food and might try to eat him :bash:. Hopefully a spell of brumation next winter will calm her down a bit and direct her thoughts to other things :lol2:.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Cali

Has always been a mad feeder!! Will eat and eat!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got a perfect image of her teeth on my arm-you can see the middle rows on the top jaw inside the outer ones. I'm off to try and feed her now-will get my OH to film it if she tags me again...

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was exciting but she now has 44g of rodent in her-sm/med wr + med mouse. Certain that she would still have another go at me given the chance1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts