Reptile Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"OSCAR-WINNER Russell Crowe wants to play Steve Irwin in a film based on the life of the Crocodile Hunter.

Steve was killed earlier this month when a stingray barb stabbed him in the heart while he filmed off the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.

According to reports in the US, Russell, a fellow Australian, is already in talks with Universal Studios about making a biopic.

The actor was so touched by Steve's enthusiasm for his job and feels a movie would be a fitting tribute to the wildlife expert's life".

this is a bit soon for my liking,when george best died i didnt see anyone wanting to play him in a film.just feels a bit wrong to me.how can anyone play steve irwin?? they cant.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I dont think thats right. I think films like that should be made only when the particular person has gone out of the minds of the public, basically to resurrect their name....and I dont think anyone willbe forgetting him in a hurry.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i agree totally,it's sad really the poor bloke's not been buried 2 week's yet and already they want to make a tacky film of his life...we all knew the person he was,we've all seen him and they way he was.we dont need a film so the americans can make money off his death.if ALL proceeds was going to his family and his zoo then maybe...maybe it might be worth the the risk...but i am totally against it.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
I think its stupid... the biggest mistake they have made right now is releasing a film about 9/11. I really think that will go down badly (no pun intended) and so would this.. Russell Crowe cant act and that doesnt help.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
If anyone wanted to watch a film about Steve Irwin then why not just watch the film he made? Or even better re runs of his shows, after all the people that will watch the film would be his fans and would no doubt be thoroughly dissappointed with the new flick....seems pointless and a tad disrespectful if you ask me

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
If anything why dont they just re release the film in cinemas.. I bet you some of that money would go to conservation.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
although yeh, i'm not too sure really, seems too soon, but it does take 3+years to make a decent film so maybe they are planning it in advance :?

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
and im sure watching russel crow wrestle with rubber crocodiles is going to be a big hit with steve fans everywhere. :roll:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
probably is... but long term i think it woul dbe a goer

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
I think it would be good. I would go to see it and I am pretty sure if it did come out most of you would too. It would be interesting to see the "other side" of his life that you dont see on the telly.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I would'nt watch it if it was Russel!! I cant stand him!!

I dont think it's a good idea either, who the hell could pull off Steve! I dont think it's right.
and i dont think the 9/11 thing was right either, thats going to upset so many people, ubt it's just stupid to make a movie like that. They go on about why they made it and that people need to know, but at the end of the day they've just done it for money!! scumbags!
same with Steve Irwin, they know a HELL of a lot of people will go see the movie regardless of if it's good or not! They just know they'd make loads of money. :evil:

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
cant see what would be so bad about it. wouldnt be as tacky as whats in the making about mother teresas life. exploiting her sexuality in a film is much worse than a fan of steve irwins coming along and saying 'hey, i wanna make a film to commemorate him because i was a fan of him'

Think russell is just as keen a fan of him as you lot are and just wants to show that he's been thinking of the guy and appreciates what steve did for our reptile community.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Blazey said:
cant see what would be so bad about it. wouldnt be as tacky as whats in the making about mother teresas life. exploiting her sexuality in a film is much worse than a fan of steve irwins coming along and saying 'hey, i wanna make a film to commemorate him because i was a fan of him'

Think russell is just as keen a fan of him as you lot are and just wants to show that he's been thinking of the guy and appreciates what steve did for our reptile community.
Hi there,

I think it is very disrespectful, mainly due to the timing of Russell Crowe making a statement like this when it is all still so raw with so many people. I do think it would maybe be a good idea in the future and agree with the person who posted that it would be good to find out more about steves life behind the scenes. Very premature though for them to start doing this now even if it does take 3 years.

I also agree that the mother teresa film is also out of order, in the way they are doing it. It is all down to money for these people though as the film 9/11 just goes to show. It has only been 5 years and there is thousands of families still suffering from grief and shock.

As long as these movie companies can make money, then thats what it is all about. It is discraceful. IMO.

·
Registered
87 Posts
did u guys hear bout the bindi show its called jungle girl she wants to continue footage of stingray and wants to swim with the stingray tht killed her dad! And russle crow playing steve hahaha steve was a gladiator lol but russle crow cant be him no 1 can!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts