Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys im thinking of either buying a fogger or making one i am just after ideas and peoples input. i no they dont do that much to humidity and im not after leaving it on all day as i will still be spraying but the tank will soon be in my living room and would like to give it some real character i have a 45x45x60 and wondering who uses one iv heard they are fairly unreliable but not exactly the cheapest .... has anyone made their own if so how was it done???

any input would be appreciated

kane

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
few good vids on youtube, I don't think a basic fogger is that expensive, it's the auto sprayers that are expensive.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I put one together for the living room display viv. as you say, no use for wetting the leaves but is a nice effect and may help some with humidity. basically a £6 sonic fogger off fleabay in a food grade tub at the back of the lid so the fog roles down, on a £3 timer a couple of times a day - total cost less than £12.........not scottish for nothing!
a short video and some pics on link.
madagascar giant day gecko - hipflask's Photos

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put one together for the living room display viv. as you say, no use for wetting the leaves but is a nice effect and may help some with humidity. basically a £6 sonic fogger off fleabay in a food grade tub at the back of the lid so the fog roles down, on a £3 timer a couple of times a day - total cost less than £12.........not scottish for nothing!
a short video and some pics on link.
madagascar giant day gecko - hipflask's Photos
thanks for replies guys either way my mrs has bought me a exo terra one she does spoil me .... now to make a housing for it what do you mean by food grade tub and where is it placed pics look really good :) and yes is purley there for show and i no some people have problems with them but i think people expect to leave it on all day to keep humidity up this is definately not the plan :p

cheers kane

·
Registered
33 Posts
thanks for replies guys either way my mrs has bought me a exo terra one she does spoil me .... now to make a housing for it what do you mean by food grade tub and where is it placed pics look really good :) and yes is purley there for show and i no some people have problems with them but i think people expect to leave it on all day to keep humidity up this is definately not the plan :p

cheers kane
result! she treats you too well me thinks!
just a 2 ltr tub that can be used for food storage (size of an ice cream tub), got mines from a well known supermarket rhyming with fresco:whistling2:
mines sits at the back of the viv under the lid.
agree re their use. mines only on 3 times a day for 20 min and could never replace misting but is a nice jungle look in the living room: victory:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
result! she treats you too well me thinks!
just a 2 ltr tub that can be used for food storage (size of an ice cream tub), got mines from a well known supermarket rhyming with fresco:whistling2:
mines sits at the back of the viv under the lid.
agree re their use. mines only on 3 times a day for 20 min and could never replace misting but is a nice jungle look in the living room: victory:
do you have any cover over the tub incase of drowning i heard it has to be covered but dont really know what with was thinking of maybe looking for a flat piece of cork bark?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
yes cover it, cresties sometimes loose their sticky feet when shedding, if it were to fall in, it might not be able to get back out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
do you have any cover over the tub incase of drowning i heard it has to be covered but dont really know what with was thinking of maybe looking for a flat piece of cork bark?
it is a lidded tub so yes but mines is on top of the viv so mist goes through the mesh down the back of the viv.......will try to put up a pic when I get a chance:whistling2:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the replies guys decided on next day off will sort out a ice cream tub and use corkbark to cover the top :2thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts