Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but i dont know what im going to need for it how big do the normaly grow?
i used to have a ratsnake but he dint like me and would bite me but fine with everyone else :(
im not bothered by what colours or anything just really asking for any tips or info i might need to no about them
manda xx

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
They usually grow to between 4-5ft, but can get up to 6ft or so max.

I've never met a nasty one, although some hatchlings can be bit nippy at first.

A 4-5ft corn would need a 36x18x18 viv, with temps of roughly 85f warm end and 75f cool end, and would need to be fed a decent sized mouse about once a week.

Hatchlings are best started off in a tub/faunarium on a heat mat, and would eat a pinky or two every 5 days or so.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Hi, good choice if you don't like getting bitten, Corns are generally very calm.

An adult will average 4 - 5 feet, and will need a 3ft viv. Mines in a 36x12x15 (LWH) glass aquarium, which works, but a proper viv would be better.

If you are getting a hatchling, an 18" flat exo-terra or contico will last for at least a year, until they are about 2ft, when you can upgrade.

You'll also need:
2 hides
water bowl
Beech chips
Heat source - heat pad works best for a plastic tub, ceramic for a viv
Thermostat - mat stat OK for a mat, but go for a pulse proportional if you can afford, you'll need it for the ceramic later on.
Digital thermometer
A bag of pinkies

Add a branch when you get a viv.

Temp - 23 - 30c with a 32c hotspot.

And off you go! Plenty of caresheets around on the web. Have fun! :)

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Beat me, I waffle too much :roll:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info im defo getting either a royal or a blood python next summer depending on what i deside i like more lol but i held my mates corn the other night after hunting it down in his house lol it had got out and needed me to find it :D and i fell inlove so thought id have a scout about and see what they need and stuff before looking at prices
manda xx

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Deano said:
Beat me, I waffle too much :roll:
That's usually my department - I start typing a reply to a post with zero replies, and by the time I click submit I'm about the 6th one down! :shock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts