Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im thinking of getting a corn snake, love them. i am just wondering if someone could list the main factors i need to include in the viv? such as equitment. i have read up on them but i am just wanted for someone to clear it up. what size viv would i need and does anyone know if there arany good reptile shope around the leicestershire area?

thanks for reading and hope you can help, thanks chris:2thumb:

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
erm if hatchling a faunarium will do just make it escape prrof and when older a 3 ft viv
the must haves:
heat mat
mat stat
2 hides hot end cool end
water bowl and sybstrate which can even be newspaper lol

optional:
branches
fake plants
natural looking substrate
and anything else u can think of really :2thumb:

*edit* if i missed anything one of the others members will fill you in on what i missed lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for reply, i was thinking all of above but was just wanting to clear this up, i take it they are quite easy to start with.

do they smell?
also can you think of a very nice colour morph?

thanks chris

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
thanks for reply, i was thinking all of above but was just wanting to clear this up, i take it they are quite easy to start with.

do they smell?
also can you think of a very nice colour morph?

thanks chris
None of my snakes smell, except my big boa when he takes humongous size dumps which he spreads all up the side of his viv. :whip:

Get a butter corn, they are stunning they go really really bright yellow once they have shed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
hello im thinking of getting a corn snake, love them. i am just wondering if someone could list the main factors i need to include in the viv? such as equitment. i have read up on them but i am just wanted for someone to clear it up. what size viv would i need and does anyone know if there arany good reptile shope around the leicestershire area?

thanks for reading and hope you can help, thanks chris:2thumb:
There's a shop called Rainforest Reptiles in South Wigston, i'm not sure how good it is or anything though!
Rainforest Reptiles Website

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
erm if hatchling a faunarium will do just make it escape prrof and when older a 3 ft viv
the must haves:
heat mat
mat stat
2 hides hot end cool end
water bowl and sybstrate which can even be newspaper lol

optional:
branches
fake plants
natural looking substrate
and anything else u can think of really :2thumb:

*edit* if i missed anything one of the others members will fill you in on what i missed lol

and a corn snake !!!!! :Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
as for the shop thing, ive been to a couple in leicestershire and wasn't that impressed, one was a nice looking shop with poor advice(and not much choice), the other was a poor shop, with poor choice:rotfl:

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
as for the shop thing, ive been to a couple in leicestershire and wasn't that impressed, one was a nice looking shop with poor advice(and not much choice), the other was a poor shop, with poor choice:rotfl:
sounds like round here too!!

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
sounds like round here too!!

our local shops been pretty good, well it was better with the old manager, but hes setting up on his own soon in rugby, so not that much further, i have the advantage of knowing them well enough, that they order stock in for me, and if its not what i want they dont mind and just sell it in the shop, thats a nice set-up, order a morph, its i dont like it, it dont matter:2thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts