Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a female leo with a male leo, before christmas,
anyway since then she has laid 4 times....

now can i.... change the male, can i put her with another male, and will that stop the old males sperm...

that really doesnt make sence...

Tabitha (female) mated with Stan (male) in december time...

i now want

Tabitha to breed with a different male...

now if she does, will Stans sperm, back offf...

or will she still prodcue babeis with his sperm?

.. hmph..

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
you wont be able to tell untill they hatch tbh! she will retain both, so one time could be one males, another could be with the other males

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
sperm from ether male can still make any of the females eggs fertile .. you can even have a clutch of two with two different fathers.
i would of thought that the fresher sperm would be more viable though.
god knows how they store it or where they store it inside themselves but at a guess it would be the same place fresh or old sperm so yep healthier sperm should take over.. hopefully someone with in depth information on the Leo's reproductive system will know more and give you definite answers though :2thumb:

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you wont be able to tell untill they hatch tbh! she will retain both, so one time could be one males, another could be with the other males
sperm from ether male can still make any of the females eggs fertile .. you can even have a clutch of two with two different fathers.
i would of thought that the fresher sperm would be more viable though.
god knows how they store it or where they store it inside themselves but at a guess it would be the same place fresh or old sperm so yep healthier sperm should take over.. hopefully someone with in depth information on the Leo's reproductive system will know more and give you definite answers though :2thumb:
realy surprrised they can do that weird?

damm.. lol
never mind, ill wait till next year then :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts