Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
I have yearlings in similar size vivs and they are doing fine, just make sure there are a couple of hides, I also have vine in mine as well. But looks a perfect size. :wink:

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
Mine are 36 x 18 x 18 Vivs and I currently house all my corns seperatley my biggest 5ft male to my yearlings all have same size vivs, all my hatchlings are in faunariums. Eventually I will have some same sex living in pairs thats why I went for the size of viv build. I would probably have something a little wider personally but thats me. I think it would be a good size and you shouldnt have to upgrade.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok cheers, aye , i would like to get it a little wider aswell but im a bit limited for space and thats the only size they do it in that would fit.

Also one more question :D , will i need to get a bigger heatmat for that size viv, my mat just now is 5 inch wide 10inch long?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Looks fine for a yearling but may need something bigger eventually - depends how big it grows.

For this viv you could get a piece of melamine - say 18"x10" - and put a shelf in there. it'd increase the floor space by about 40% and encourage him to climb - probably giving him more excercise than he'd get in a slightly larger viv anyway.

You could get away with that heat mat - but 11x11 mat would be better - you'll definitely need a stat though if you don't already have one.
Don't forget to cover the mat with something (eg. a large tile) to lessen the possibility of burns. Also a good idea so seal up the terminal block with low-tack insulating tape or silicone sealant so that moisture can't get to the electrics.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
it says they are sliding glass doors,roughly the same size as corn viv,i might need a bigger one if the corn grows freakishly large

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
Cool. If you get it, tell me if it's any good. Still thinking of building one for mine, but not sure yet.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Viv

36 " is a too big for a yearling unless you provide plentr of hides

good luck with your snake

G

·
I used to house all my adults in 36x15x15 without any problems.The only reason i changed it was i had so many corns that to keep them in vivs would have taken up the whole house let alone the one room i have.

That size viv would be ample room for a 6 foot corn and you could also put in an opposite sex for short periods of time for breeding perposes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts