Members- 10:15
Non-Members- 10:45

Ticket Prices
Members- £2.50
Non-Members- £5

·
Registered
10,488 Posts
After being in the hobby for 30 years this year I'm actually going to make the 6 hour round trip to Donny.
I know it's difficult to say, but just roughly how long does it take to actually get in? I'm aiming to get there for about 1030, pick up the snakes I have reserved from breeders, and a look round before the long drive back.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
After being in the hobby for 30 years this year I'm actually going to make the 6 hour round trip to Donny.
I know it's difficult to say, but just roughly how long does it take to actually get in? I'm aiming to get there for about 1030, pick up the snakes I have reserved from breeders, and a look round before the long drive back.
It's been a while since I actually queued to get in, going through the traders door now, but they're actually pretty quick at getting people inside. If you arrive at 1030, you'll be at the back of the line for sure, but in within half an hour at most I imagine.

·
Registered
10,488 Posts
It's been a while since I actually queued to get in, going through the traders door now, but they're actually pretty quick at getting people inside. If you arrive at 1030, you'll be at the back of the line for sure, but in within half an hour at most I imagine.
Oh well that's not too bad. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,657 Posts
The queues can look long but as said they do get you in quite quickly. There is usually around 3 or 4 ticket booths working quite quickly.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
The queue does look terrifying when you arrive, but it does move. If you go earlier you get in when its less manic but you do queue longer. Or arrive slightly later and just walk in.

You are not an IHS member? Those are no queues to speak of.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts

Sorry Ian been a bit off piste recently - are you able to keep snakes again?

·
Registered
10,488 Posts
Sorry Ian been a bit off piste recently - are you able to keep snakes again?
Yes. Found that legally you cannot be refused permission to keep animals by a landlord unless there is a risk to other residents, a risk of smell or noise, or the rental value being decreased by having had animals.
I am collecting three pairs of snakes from a now rarely kept genus, which next to my woma pythons will be it for me.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Yes. Found that legally you cannot be refused permission to keep animals by a landlord unless there is a risk to other residents, a risk of smell or noise, or the rental value being decreased by having had animals.
I am collecting three pairs of snakes from a now rarely kept genus, which next to my woma pythons will be it for me.
That's really good news - pleased for you. Also good to have the info as I doubt you are the first person to have had issues of this nature ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts