Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Try reading the other thread on this subject a few posts down.

I guess a few people watched that program :lol2:

·
Registered
766 Posts
i read somewhere that they eat ants so they are hard to keep but if theyre keepable i want one lol

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
i started the otha thread the otha day and ppl sed they wanted them aswell. But you cannot get the ants because they are a special type of ant, and there is noway to collect 7000 ants a day lol. But i think there lovely. Everyone watched austin stevens the otha day when he found 1 lol

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
you would have to keep a colony of something like wood ants (high in formic acid) and that is not feasable...there is a reason no one keeps em..they are just impossible to keep alive...any wc survive a couple months but then die off..shame really as they are very cool..specially the whole blood thing!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
if u did have 1 it would need alot of ventilation but you could because the ants will be crawling all over your house. But i was told there is a texas thorny lizard which is available to buy and looks like the thorny devil

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeh Very Nice, Looks Like Something From Pokemon ! lol ( Going Back Abit)

I Would Love One ,,, But I Think An Iguana Is Enough :D

Jay

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
desert horned lizard is nothing like a thorny devil and believe me, we had two and they are hard to keep alive. one died and the other lasted for a few months after then just died out of nowhere. they're wc and often have parasites, and even if u cant see them, they are often riddled with them inside. If you dont like seeing pets dying then i wouldnt advise you getting them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts