Reptile Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering about this, cause if i'm keeping my burm, im just gonna get him a nice 6x3 so he's set for life. Just wondering who is reliable for big vivs like this.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Just wondering about this, cause if i'm keeping my burm, im just gonna get him a nice 6x3 so he's set for life. Just wondering who is reliable for big vivs like this.
TBH mate i tried to find this out and the answer i got was from alot of people was make your own so thats what im going to do.:2thumb:

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had a feeling i might get those kind of reply's lol, it'll need to be a joiner job then cause i'm pretty useless! Was just to see if i had missed anyone, searching the net doesnt draw many useful results, unless you want 48x18x18

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Theres plenty of people on here who mmake vivs to any size, unfortunetly, i cant remember who xD Think a guy called dave does, not a clue what his username is. Check equipment classifieds

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Had a feeling i might get those kind of reply's lol, it'll need to be a joiner job then cause i'm pretty useless! Was just to see if i had missed anyone, searching the net doesnt draw many useful results, unless you want 48x18x18
yeah mate i is hard to find them that big and then you gotta try and get a 6x3x3 viv through a door tbh im going to get my wood from someone like b&q who will cut it all to the measurements then i will just put it all together. i know it wont be as easy as that though:lol2::lol2:

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers mate, i will, only problem is living in Scotland. Getting a courier for a snake isnt much bother, but i think getting a 6x3 viv brought up might be!

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
hi mate..
have you tried volly.
i think he can build up 9ft long 6ft high and 3 ft deep.
but you would have to discuss that with him:2thumb:

·
Registered
146 Posts
my dad made my viv ended up being cheeper to buy the cut glass and runners and building it than buying the small 2 foot long vivs lol. anyway if u smart u know how to get a better ventilation than the shops :p..

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
Is a lot better to build your own as you would be
better off reinforcing runners,glass and general structure
if a Burm is going in it.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
theres a guy on here called Lizard Loft which builds custom vivs for dirt cheap,im gettin him to build mine soon to for my bci.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Cheers mate, i will, only problem is living in Scotland. Getting a courier for a snake isnt much bother, but i think getting a 6x3 viv brought up might be!
One of my mates is a joiner and I ahve spoken to him about building a rack for me so I sure he would be keen to help out. He is out of work at the moment due to his old employer not paying him so he should be quite flexible and keen to do the work. I am in Scotland as well so that solves that problem too.

·
Registered
427 Posts
If you want to buy a flat pack one i think that vivexotic are going to make 3ftx3ftx3ft cubes that can be attached to each other and they go as long as you want them to. they are not for sale yet though. their is a thread somewhere on here by someone who had a prototype to test. they said it was good.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmm, quite like the sound of that

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
When mine get to that size I will just build my own. Saves awkward situations with doors not being wide enough etc!

yeah mate i is hard to find them that big and then you gotta try and get a 6x3x3 viv through a door tbh im going to get my wood from someone like b&q who will cut it all to the measurements then i will just put it all together. i know it wont be as easy as that though:lol2::lol2:
Its not that hard, I built a 4x2x1.5 recently with pre cut wood from B&Q...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts