Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at the risk of sounding stupid, how do you remove it all for cleaning?

im guessing scoop it into a bin, use hoover for the rest?

Sean

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
yes exactly that especially the runners man I hate that noise

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
at the risk of sounding stupid, how do you remove it all for cleaning?

im guessing scoop it into a bin, use hoover for the rest?

Sean
thats what i do then disinfect then wipe and then hoover again to get rid of papper and anything else left

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, mine make enough noise from calcium dust! bet its horrible with sand!

planning to change him over next week

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Get a sand scoop or a cat litter scoop they will sive the sand out when cleaning larger debris - after so long replace it all and start a fresh

·
Registered
30 Posts
we use a dustpan and brush to clear our sand up, but only every few months otherwise just sieve it out with a sieve for flour, the reptile sieves you can buy are a waste of time they dont clear up cricket feed properly, it takes a while but worth it, theres nothing worse than stinky vivs to wake up to.
Apparently if you use candle wax on the runners, the glass moves more smoothly when you open or shut the vivs, so less noise and no scratched glass! I would have tried it out for myself by now but im too lazy!:D

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Get a sand scoop or a cat litter scoop they will sive the sand out when cleaning larger debris - after so long replace it all and start a fresh
yeah i keep meaning to buy one of these im put off by the price tag tho but definetly worth it when you actually dig into the sand and realise how much sits underneath

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
I bought a sand sieve from a rep shop they have a straight edge so it was shaped better than the round kitchen sieve I was using. It will mean you wouldnt need to change the sand as often if you sieve it when needed.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
yeah i use the sieve at the moment. I may buy one on payday tho

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I bought a cat litter scoop from [email protected] 76p and clean the sand every morning and as soon as they poop, I just sprinkle some sand over it, then scoop it out with the scoop, wrap it in kitchen roll and flush it down the toilet, its so easy and simple to keep it clean.

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,619 Posts
Swap to vinyl flooring - all problems solved - simples :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bought set of sieve's from local hardware store 99p for set of three, Large medium and small. the small is really an old fashion tea strainer! works perfect for spot cleaning and every 6 weeks give them a complete clean out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts