Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
a link from AOL today...... how cute! the info isnt exactly brilliant but its aimed for kids and actually puts reptiles and exotics in a good light for once!

Weird Pets - AOL Kids

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
Yeh, good article. Everything seems like a good idea, excpet maybe the skunk? It does seem, though, like it is underestimating the time needed for some of these pets. Like the sugar gliders, I have had lectures on them, and talked to people who own them, and I think they really are a time consuming animal to look after, not at all easy.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Everything seems like a good idea, excpet maybe the skunk?
And what's wrong with skunks?

The articles are very brief indeed, but its nice to see children arent being brainwashed against the idea of exotics for once. So long as it doesnt spark lots of "I want I want" causing uninformed parents to buy these pets without researching them.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i agree that they were a bit brienf but at least it did say something about the time needed for some of them, and had links to pages with more indepth info.

its just really nice to see such a big company (aol) not slating exotics as 'wierd' and 'dangerous' for once!

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
I read this article this morning nad promptly emailed AOL to firstyl thank them for not showing exotics in the usual bad light they seem to get and also to inform them of the changes to legislation re skunk descenting.

I also gave them the link for PKL in the hope that they would put the petition ontot he pets board for the descenting issue :D :D

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
As others have said, a bit vague, but its good for getting kids to look beyond cats, dogs and rabbits, not keen on the word weird, would have preferered unusual or different:no1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts