Reptile Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These guys are just awesome... Super happy with the outcome... All have shed... They lightend up a bit but got much higher in contrast... I think these will make for some stunning adults...

Tiger het albino.

Tiger het albino

Tigerish albino

Tiger albino

·
Registered
12,205 Posts
They are crackers Gregg, I read somewhere that the Tiger gene has not been genetically proven yet, is this true?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I get confused between the tigers and pinstripes - both have the clearish lines down the spine or so I'm told either way I do like the pattern

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone...

They are crackers Gregg, I read somewhere that the Tiger gene has not been genetically proven yet, is this true?
There is virtually nothing known about the tiger gene or how it works... As far as I know I am the only one so far to get a clutch with 100% tigers so, I think I will be able to figure out how the pattern mutaion works over the next couple of seasons... Should be fun...

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
Thanks everyone...

There is virtually nothing known about the tiger gene or how it works... As far as I know I am the only one so far to get a clutch with 100% tigers so, I think I will be able to figure out how the pattern mutaion works over the next couple of seasons... Should be fun...
I kinda like that, yet hate it at the same time lol.
being the 1st to something is nice, but messing around proving it for the next 3 years or more is hard work.
good luck with that dude.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
awsome hoggies buddy. those albino tigers are amazing! what were the parents? both tigers, one tiger, 'het' tiger? do you think it is a co-dom or dominant mutation or a recesive. or just polymorphic/'selectively bred'.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone...

Good work Gregg :2thumb:
I have 2 Extreme Red Tiger females that are up to size for next season, looking forward to seeing what pops out.
Dont be shy dude... Throw some photos up... LOL:2thumb:

From what I have gathered, the tiger gene has not been pinpointed yet... No one knows how it works exactly... For right now, I am guessing polygenic line trait... The next couple of seasons will tell us more... I am taking this project and rolling with it... Cant wait to see what comes out when 2 tigers are paired up... All I know is I bred the female to a normal red and got a clutch full of reds with mostly normal patterns... Then I introduced a different male after she laid the first clutch and got these tigers in the second clutch...

Here are pics of the parents to the tiger clutch...

Female

Male

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stunning Hogboy... They color and pattern on that animal is top notch... Very nice... Thanks for posting...

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
wow stunning

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone... The clutch is doing great... All have take their first unscented FT pink... Very happy with this clutch of amazing hogs...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.