Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
That 's what I call the battle of the titans. Very impressive indeed. Cats can't help, it's their nature to go after a snake, but it's amazing the power of the python. In the beginning I thought it was done and dusted, but, the snake kept its cool and at the end almost won the fight. Unfortunately I have my doubts that snake has survived, because the wounds the tiger probably left on it is likely to have been deadly.

Still amazing that the snake matched the tiger, not a lot of animals would have succeeded.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Yeh gd thing the both got away, wouldnt wont the snake to get killed but woudnt wont the tiger to get killed. Amazing Stuff you found there Fallenhalo

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Saw that a while ago.

Impressive display of jungle battling.

For a minute you think the tiger is goosed once the python gets a couple of coils round.

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
By the way, cats (big or small) are prone to tire after a bit of struggle. They are a lot more power than resistance. The snake was never interested in fighting the tiger, because it knows a singe bite from a tiger that big in the right spot could be lethal.

Trouble is, cats can't help getting excited about seeing other animals move.

Have you heard an expression: 'Curiosity killed a cat' ? That's what's happening in the moving. The snake wants to get away, but the tiger keeps coming back until he loses his strength.

I've got serious doubts that snake lived long afterwards, the tiger teeth are enormous, and pierced that snake big time in several places. So it's very likely vital organs have been pierced in the battle.

Anyway, that movie seem to be quite old, so by now both the tiger and the snake (and probably the people who were shooting the movie as well) are dead by now :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looked like good fight between a retic and a tiger. Bigger retic would have got the job done. Very few animals get out of a large retic coil. Next time sent the tiger with bunny and then the snake might want to eat it.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Amazing clip, i've not seen it before.

the snake looked like it had a mountain to climb, but well done to it, it fought well. I cant imagine the snake wanting to actually eat the tiger.. but it was left with no choice but to kill. I cant help but feel a little sorry for the fella, i reckon the snake must have suffered some pretty big wounds

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have 3 cats and the first snake i got was a corn and i have the viv in my computer room one of the kids had been in there and left viv open and locked the cat in the room!!! Have not seen my corn since that was almost a year ago , would hate to think the cat took on my Royal now that would be a battle

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
fallenhalo said:
i have 3 cats and the first snake i got was a corn and i have the viv in my computer room one of the kids had been in there and left viv open and locked the cat in the room!!! Have not seen my corn since that was almost a year ago , would hate to think the cat took on my Royal now that would be a battle
Sorry to hear that :(

I'll tell you my quick story then. My first snake was a classic corn called Kipper. We loved him to bits, he was my dream come through. I kept him in a tub on shelves over the telly. My cat Wilson was very curious about him moving, and used to climb on the shelves, and we would quickly take him off scared that the shelves would collapse.

One day Wilson was fast asleep in the couch, and me and my wife popped out for 10 minutes (just to collect a pizza we had ordered from a place a couple of blocks away).

When we got back, I found the shelf collapsed to the floor, his tub was open, there was a big puddle of shit, Wilson was trying to reach out under the tv cabinet, and Kipper was nowhere to be seen.

I literally destroyed my laminated flooring, lifted the floor boards, but unfortunately I never found him again. Tried everything to locate him, but no joy. I cried my eyes out, for 2 days I was unconsolable.

That was a hard lesson to take.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts