Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My beardie is on the reptile sand at the moment but she keeps kicking it into her food and the glass sliders. She also is tasting it and is swallowing it as she eats. I want to switch to slate substrate but is there a type of tile i should use and should i line the floor with something? Also should i grout? Sorry for all the question- thanks :2thumb:

·
Registered
934 Posts
i use some slate with a bit of paper down on the glass just to protect the glass from scratches, but the good thing about slate is that is disperses the heat evenly, looks natural, and is a sure way to avoid impaction

·
Registered
886 Posts
I use slate tiles for my beardie, the OH had to cut them down to size to fit, but they're brilliant. Look really authentic and hopefully will contribute to keeping her nails down too, win-win!
:2thumb:

Reactions: Big McCann

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have got vinyl floor tiles. They are slate effect and have tile adhesive on the back.

When I was doing research it said don't use tile adhesive because if it heats up the fumes from the adhesive are bad.

So do I need real slate? Should it have tile adhesive?

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
I use playsand, the king of beardie bedding:whistling2:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please I really need to know is vinyl floor tiles ok? They are slate effect and have adhesive on the back. I read that it said don't use tile adhesive cause if it heats up it can make bad fumes.

·
Registered
934 Posts
no dont use the adhesive stuff mate, just as you said incase it heats up and causes fumes. Get your hands on the real slate, its great looking, easy to clean and disperses the heat mats heat well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.