Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone keep these? theres one in my local rep shop and its amazing! i didnt even know they were that easy to keep, they are definitely on my ever growing rep list:2thumb: got a feeling my first house is going to have to be a big one!:whistling2: :lol2:

·
Registered
13,321 Posts
anyone keep these? theres one in my local rep shop and its amazing! i didnt even know they were that easy to keep, they are definitely on my ever growing rep list:2thumb: got a feeling my first house is going to have to be a big one!:whistling2: :lol2:
There nice small monitors but can be a little skittish when younger
very nice though:2thumb:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There nice small monitors but can be a little skittish when younger
very nice though:2thumb:
well tbh a was shocked to see they only grow to around 18inches and can be kept in a 4ft viv :mf_dribble: although a bit pricey there definitely worth it as they look stunning!:2thumb:

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
max size is 31" but thats a big one. :2thumb:

id go for the following style viv...

high with a deep substrate plenty to hide behind... the love swimming climbing acting. one of my all time fav monitors... :no1:

·
Registered
13,321 Posts
well tbh a was shocked to see they only grow to around 18inches and can be kept in a 4ft viv :mf_dribble: although a bit pricey there definitely worth it as they look stunning!:2thumb:
They like to climb a lot so a taller viv is a good way to go

·
Registered
13,890 Posts

·
Registered
13,321 Posts
you still got your girl mate?
I gave her to my nephew (16) as he was bending my ear for a couple of my monitors LOL so along with a weekly phone call i gave him a step by step care sheet so he is stoked , they never mated so i gave Tick his male back and decided to give her to the nephew as i know she will be doted on by him

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
I gave her to my nephew (16) as he was bending my ear for a couple of my monitors LOL so along with a weekly phone call i gave him a step by step care sheet so he is stoked , they never mated so i gave Tick his male back and decided to give her to the nephew as i know she will be doted on by him
fair does mate... : victory:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They like to climb a lot so a taller viv is a good way to go

:flrt: they are stunning! 31" that would be quality! there spot on little monitors like the fact that there so small and resemble that of a MUCH larger species, id love one :2thumb:

·
Registered
864 Posts
yeah these are very nice monitors, i keep eyeing up a pair in notts rep centre

·
Registered
57 Posts
lovely little monitors these,i've had mine from 3 weeks old,took a while to settle down and feed properly but now doing very well. give them places to hide/climb and a deep substrate to dig,and watch youngsters when you open thier viv as they're very quick!

looking for a mate to go with my early 09 baby if anyone's seen any about please let me know:2thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts