Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided I'm probs going to go for some tincs to kick off my dart frog career. :lol2:

I already have a 60x40x40 ent style viv but I'm starting to wonder if its enough height?

I'm hoping to be able to get a trio but because of the whole male female thing I might settle for a pair.

If I was to get a 60x40x50 viv would they use the extra height?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Hi Luca
No need to panic, your viv will do for now.
Tincs do climb so will use any extra height that you give them, including in a 40 high viv.
There is room there for you to add a shelf that they can climb up onto.
It would be a little cramped for a trio but a pair will get by okay.
If you do decide to go larger go for extra floor area, ie: 60x50 and then add as much height as you can get away with.
My Tinc vivs are 50 tall and they do fine with that.
You will probably find that it will be very minimal difference in cost between the different sizes, if anything at all.
Dale at DMS Vivariums will easily give you a quote and might be able to deliver for a small fee.

Mike

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike

I think I will stick with the viv I have for now, If not I will upgrade to a 60x50x50

I would like a trio really but I can make do with a pair :2thumb:

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
I personally keep my adult pairs in 45cm cubes and they do well. A lot of it is to do with how you decorate and utilise the space. if you provide roots and climbing areas it allows much more space for them as they will certainly use it!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I measured the viv myself and if I was being exact its actually 60x45x45, I think that should just about fit a trio right?

I might still go for the pair just to be safe but I still have lots of work to do on the viv first before I start thinking about any of that. I am going to make sure I provide lots of things they can climb on and use the height as much as possible!

Thanks for all your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts