Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Awww wow they are nice! Guessing their not gonna stay that lickle for much longer?!

They are lovely though....You must be proud <3 :lol:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol no but should not get to hugh either as one of there parents was a dwarf Retic ... but prob still around the 15ft mark . . . .

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Oooo nice. Id love some but....just too big and scary, big beauties though!

How quickly will they grow?

:lol:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the they were both around 2ft when born , they were hatched in Feb this year and there both nearly 4ft now ... they are both soppy tame also lol

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
They're lovely mate.. snakes I will happily long for but never get due to their size. Bet they cost a bomb generally though.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well they where worth every penny !! I wouldnt say they cost a bomb tho ....lol

These are my Adult Pair of Bali Yellow Heads

Female is 13ft

Male 11ft

as you can tell I love Retic's....lol

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Really?? I thought you liked corns :lol: :lol: They're lovely mate... not too sure about the yellow head myself but Im sure it would grow on me :lol:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
They are gorgeous! How many retics have you got? Just those....or a whole other bunch?! :lol:

They are big when they hatch then! Aww they are gorgeous!!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
10?! What size enclosures do the adults have? And.......what is it like being tagged by one....thats if you have been tagged of course....:lol:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My adults are in 6ft x 2ft x 2ft viv's Retics are very slender snakes and need as much room as people think. I have been taged my a 6ft Retic which was not that bad , have not been taged by an adult yet !! and hopefully wont ....lol but i guess it would hurt due to the size of there head and the teeth inside them ...lol

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I was under the impression they need a lot of space, obviously not as much as I thought!

They are lovely snakes though. I hope you dont get got by an adult....I can imagine it would be quite painful!

Im sorry Im full of questions today....what do you feed them?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats what its all about questions ...lol

I feed my adults on med/large Rabbits once a week but they will be stopping being fed next month for breeding so will save on food ....lol

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Have you bred them before?

Rabbits...bet they take up a bit of freezer space! Iv only got lickle miceys in my freezer :lol: lol :lol:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah they do I buy them the same day i need them to save space !!

I have bred snakes before but not Retic's this will be my first attemp with them and if im sucessful It will be the first Uk Breeding of CB Bali Yellow Heads .....unless someone has already done it and not said out ....lol :D

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Lol, yea I think thats what Id do with the rabbits!

Oooo, good luck with your breeding project. Hope it goes well!! :lol:

Do you handle them? I know some people have them but dont handle them, with them being so big and sometimes snappy i guess....

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Out of my 10 Retic's I have one Snappy one and thats a WC snake, the Rest which include WC and CB Retic are all soppy tame , I always handle them. The thing with Retic's and most other big snakes if you give them a bid viv they treat it as there territory so will defend it by being agressive and biting but if you give them just the right size viv they just see it has there hide and they show no signs of the agression !! well thats just my opinion anyway....lol :lol:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Oh right. You hear alot of bad stuff about retics, just because they are big means they are bad. But Im glad to hear its not true.

I think you have got some gorgeous snakes there. All the best for the breeding next year, sounds like it'll be interesting! :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts