Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi todqay i noticed that cleo my leopard gecko had the tiniest cut on her head its not bleeding or deep it looks like shes caught it on the inside of the log were she always goes p (dumb lizard lol)

will it get bad its only about the size of a bread crumb :cry:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
prolly be fine.
But if your able to give it a little clean its not a bad idea.

You can just use a bit of water if its not easily handable but if you can its a good idea to use a bit of tamodine or other iodine solutions and dab it on, then rinse it off.
I think you can also use a more simple savlon cream or something but i cant say for sure, we use tamodine for ours.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
my vet had never heard of tamodine :shock: vets use bethodene or something like that though which is a bit stronger. i advice u to clean it and make sure nothing can get into it, but it doesnt sound life threatening.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
As long as you keep her clean then hopefully it should heal up fine. I also have tamodine at home just in case.
its good to have.

I'd remove the offending hide if i were you so she cant do it again and get worse.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Give people time to read your message, there is no need to keep bumping up your threads within a minute if posting it. When someone can help, they'll post in it you don't need to go bumping them up ever 30 seconds.

I'd check the hide, see if you can file down any sharp bits if not take it out.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx for the info icleaned it only with some water and aq tip it looks fine

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
you can get pevodine solution from your local chemist,tell them thats what you want as they will probably have it under its trade name,costs about 3 quid and you can use it on anything from tiny babies,dogs etc so should be fine for reps,explain to chemist they are pretty good about these things,chances are whatever youd use on ur kids will be fine for your pets :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts