Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I was jus about to mist my pet, a white tree frog, when I noticed that there were these very small little bugs crawling all over him. They were not taking him over or anything. Bit they were decently notable. I've been looking here and on other sites. I've come to think that they are some time of mite. I've ruled out a few options, mostly because of how small these are. They are also rather slow, moving around in minuet increments, I just want to make sure my frog is okay, and by them being there it doesn't cause a problem. I don't want to have to get rid of my entire set up or anything. I just need to know if there's a problem more with my frog. I've only seen these little things on the frog, I misted him quite a lot, in hopes of pushing them off via water. Which worked a bit, however they aren't gone, and this can easily reoccur. If there's an advice you could offer me, or more details I could look into as far as the species, that would be great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't currently, when I get home I'll take one.I thought so to, however spring tails seem unlikely, they just sort of float in his water, instead of jumping around like most people said they would. They are also almost microscopic, smaller than a quarter of your pinkie nail.

·
Super Moderator
9,669 Posts
They could be those little scavenger bugs which are harmless they are generally white. Don't know if they are the same as springtails. Most mites are generally a dark colour or a red colour I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts