Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my beardie had a kinda bad shed last time and the end of his tail went limp and someone told me that the circulation got cut off from the shed being so tight on the tip of his tail and that it would fall off next shed, well he just shed and it just fell off, its alittle red at the end of it. do i need to do anything to it? or just leave him alone.

ps. its taken him like 2 days to shed, he just sat there for 2 days with the last bit of shed on his tail, how long should it take him to shed?

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
if i was you i'd leave it well alone for a few days and keep a close eye on it, it will probably just clear itself up. if it seems to be getting worse u should bathe it a bit cuz then its most likely getting irritated by something.
maybe keep him on kitchen towel so nothing can irritate it for a while?
only suggestions.

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Sometimes mine take a few days to shed. one day it might be the head then the next day the body them maybe a couple of days later the tail. :D Unless it looks infected Id just leave the tail alone. Make sure you clean out the cage after each poohl and watch out for crickets nibbling the tip of the tail. The vet told me to watch ever cricket carefully and remove every single one after the beardie had finished feeding as crickets like to nibble on a open wound.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks for the fast replys, my beardie is a gluten, no cricket stays in there for long than a minute. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts