Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 14th hatchling Steno, Tirrie, one I'm keeping because I know for definate that Ricki is her mum :no1:

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know her eyes are HUGE :lol2: She's soooooooooo cute :flrt:

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
very nice

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
The more I look at pics of yours the more I want one. Think I'm off to look at care sheets now and then drop big hints about what I'd like for Xmas :)

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
I have 10 to sell! :lol2:
Whereabouts in Scotland are you? I have a brother-in-law in Dundee who comes down quite often :) How well would they travel that far though?

I read your caresheet and some others. On one it says that if you sieve the sand weekly then you only need to totally change it once a year, would you say that's the case? I wondered how easy it is to clean them out as I know they don't tolerate much handling.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Congrats !!

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whereabouts in Scotland are you? I have a brother-in-law in Dundee who comes down quite often :) How well would they travel that far though?

I read your caresheet and some others. On one it says that if you sieve the sand weekly then you only need to totally change it once a year, would you say that's the case? I wondered how easy it is to clean them out as I know they don't tolerate much handling.
Brechin, just north of Dundee. They should travel well considering most are imported from places like Egypt and they are hardy in general. My adults were all over the place when I moved up here and they settled down no problem (they were moved up here from Teesside).

As for sand...I change mine every 6 months or so and it is pretty easy to clean them out. I have a tub for them to go in and they stay there until the vivarium is ready for them to go back into. It's just a case of picking them up and putting them in the other box (put sand in the other box too, I've found that they can get very stressed out if left on kitchen roll). They'll tolerate handling to some extent in that they can walk over your hand, it's just a case of they can't be picked up in the same way as a leopard gecko for example and need to be scooped up and just allowed to wander on your hand.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
VERY nice, big eyes! :D

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
Brechin, just north of Dundee. They should travel well considering most are imported from places like Egypt and they are hardy in general. My adults were all over the place when I moved up here and they settled down no problem (they were moved up here from Teesside).

As for sand...I change mine every 6 months or so and it is pretty easy to clean them out. I have a tub for them to go in and they stay there until the vivarium is ready for them to go back into. It's just a case of picking them up and putting them in the other box (put sand in the other box too, I've found that they can get very stressed out if left on kitchen roll). They'll tolerate handling to some extent in that they can walk over your hand, it's just a case of they can't be picked up in the same way as a leopard gecko for example and need to be scooped up and just allowed to wander on your hand.
Thanks for the info. If you have some left when he's next coming down I'll get in contact with you. :)

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the info. If you have some left when he's next coming down I'll get in contact with you. :)
Woot! At this rate I'll still have them, haven't sold any at all so far :lol2:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts