Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Thought I would post some information about my new vivs. Very pleased with them - great quality, they look good, and everything just works! I chose the 5 x 2.5 x 1.5 model for two of my dwarf retics who were previously in wooden vivs. Here are some pictures ....

Large retic no 1's and 2's are no problem now as cleaning is a breeze. I decided not to put in any lighting for now as the snakes prefer it that way - I may consider some LED lights that I just turn on for cleaning or occasional viewing. I chose the drop down door version and I am very pleased with the locks and hinges - can finally trust the snake not to nose the door open!

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you might be right - I don't have any experience of ceramic plates and was concerned to make sure I heated the viv not the room. Might the plates end up heating up the roof/wall and throw heat out not in as the viv walls are not as insulated as wood. I find the retics like the low level heat when they are digesting a meal - they go and sit right under it.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I tried some plastic plants but they just trashed them. I like to use paper so that I can change it as soon as they soil it. Could put some branches in but I think that would only be for my aesthetic benefit - they are not arboreal after all so I don't think the snakes would do anything with them and they are too big for hides.

Any suggestions welcome

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Cheers Susan, glad you like them.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Is it just me or are they a total copy og Rhino Vivs?:2thumb:

·
Registered
3,329 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
they look the business, a room floor to celing with them would be ideal!

Mike

Hmmm need to win the lottery first. Gav's prices are good but even so :lol2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts