Reptile Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any1 here use TNT livestock service for delivering/transporting reptiles? i heard u need a special livestock account to be able to use this service?

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
Yes, you have to have a live carriage account to send vertebrates via TNT. From what I understand they are NOT issuing new accounts for livestock at this time.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damm! any other curiours that do it? someone is trying to send me some baby snakes but their 100miles away..

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
thats all of 10-20 quids worth of fuel drive and pickup, pay him to deliver etc etc

TNT should only be a last resort IMO, for the sake of a 100 mile journey I woudln't have thought it worth the £20-35 charge.

I would also point out to both you and the seller that most people are very wary of letting others use their livestock accounts with TNH (or similar) because the person named on the account is held liable for the packaging etc of the animal in transit NOT the person who actually packed/sent it. Can cause huge problems.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Some people mighten drive tho bud, try reptile taxi. There is another one one here aswell but cant think of it of the top of my head.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quote from reptile taxi was £170 lol
curiour would b worth it cause it would be more expensive for car petrol...remember theres a return journey aswell

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
just to let everyone know that quote julie has said iquoted her wasnt for a 100 mile trip it was for one much longer for us. ill say it again as ive said it time and time before, we have to get to the pick up and from the destination home again. The trip for us that you asked for was over 500 miles round trip, not 100.

if you can find someone who will let you use thei TNT account then go for it, but you must be fully aware that there are horror stories that go with TNT when they deliver animals, they deliver packages, whats in them packages they care not, so its a higher risk for the snakes health and safety using TNT as a delivery method. If you are willling to risk it then thats fine but you must beaware of the problems some people have had when using TNT. im not sayin people havent been happy with TNT cos some people have used them for a long time successfuly, but personally if i was getting a rep delivered id like to know it was being delievered personally in the correct packaging with the correct heat, the SAME day by people who have lots of experience with reptiles. personally id be worried sick at the thought of my animals being in a ware house overnight which is usualy what happens with TNT

ive also said before, if youve bought a £20 gecko or a £50 snake, the quote wouldnt be worth your while but if you had bought a boa or royal thats cost a few hundred pound then im sure the quote is more than acceptable. it isnt down to the value of the animal being transported it is the amount of miles on the journey, so a pied royal or a normal leo going from the same place to the same place would cost the same for delivery

good luck and i hope you get the snakes that you want to you safely

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks...TNT seemed to deliver my corn snake ok....hmmm now finding a TNT account holder might b hard.!

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
it may be. i know someone who had their account frozen for letting someone else use their account. The sender packaged the snake totally inappropriately and inadequatly, TNT then placed a complaint and unfortunately, the person who had the account got the blame for it as it is their account its their responsibility, and he was very nearly in hot water, his whole livelyhood hung on what happened. so some might be a little aprehensive to let you use their account unless they know you personally

as for deliverin your corn ok, im very glad it arrived safe. ive told this story before lol but ill tell it again. someone bought a tortoise and had it sent through TNT, he waited up for delivery, saw TNT pull up, looked out the window and saw the delivery guy spinning his package and throwing it up in the air!!!! pooor bloody tort. Thats what i mean by they treat packages as packages and nothing else

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
it did, it also said handle with care :bash:

thats why i say always go with personal courier, im not sayin it just cos im part of reptile taxi, ill say it for nerys and pet wheels. we all have personal experience of keeping reps and can monitor the animal for the full length of the journey and can provide water heat etc when needed. in the back of a van on a hot day TNT wont open your package to give your snake a drink

if i could combine jobs for you to lower your quote i would but unfortunately we dont have any jobs booked the way you want to go so i cant, i need the jobs booked before i can start to offer discounts on combined journeys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts