Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know if you cross a charcoal (anery type B, IIRC) with an amel you get blizzard corns - but what if you cross a charcoal with a snow?

I've just got my charcoal girl, and need to know if I have to get an amel male or can use my current stud, who is a very pretty snow boy!

·
Registered
25,686 Posts
If you do charcoal x snow you will get 100% normals het for anery a, anery b, and amel. Personally, I see no advantage to mixing anery a and anery b. If you breed these 2 together, there is no visual triple trait for charcoal snow, or anery blizzard. You'll get some snows, and some blizzards... you may get a charcoal snow or anery blizzard but be unlikely to tell. Because the value of blizzards is usually almost double that of snows, it seems a bit of a waste to add anery a in there as it's unlikely to actually further the project, and will complicate things. But if you already have a snow male, then yes, it is still possible to get blizzards using the snow, but you will also end up getting some snows back too (2nd generation of course)

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Have not heard of charcoal before, but really really want a Blizzard, what is a charcoal?

·
Registered
22,890 Posts
Charcoal has also been called "Anery B" or "Pine Island Anerythristic".

They're low-contrast grey snakes with darker grey saddles and dark eyes. Some of them show less yellow than you'd expect from an Anerythristic of the same age.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
I know if you cross a charcoal (anery type B, IIRC) with an amel you get blizzard corns........
if you breed charcoal with amel, you will get all normals het in the first generation. You'll then have a 1 in 16 chance of blizzards in the second generation.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help, guys! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts