Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to see everyone who has tokays posting pics, especially any morphs!
:D
I am a little bit obsessed and wanna hear from other tokay crazy people!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
This is our girl Alexis

And her beautiful eyes :flrt:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Nice photos claire she looks stunning

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I got two evil tokays who I wouldn't dream of going near without gloves haha! I'll try and get some picture of them if I can but they hide in their bamboo tubes all the time and make very grumpy noises if I try to disturb them! They are so beautiful though :) Might be putting them up for sale due to time constraints soon, will only be £12 each as I want to just find them a good home :)

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Love em :flrt:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Would love a Tokay just easily one of the most stunning lizards i can think of, not so keen on having my finger chewed off every time i attempted to spot clean its viv though!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Would love a Tokay just easily one of the most stunning lizards i can think of, not so keen on having my finger chewed off every time i attempted to spot clean its viv though!
i keep mine on a bioactive substrate and i use ro water so i never really need to put my hand in their viv.

·
Registered
843 Posts
With time and a little effort they can be pretty tolerable with handling, I handle my tokays more than my crestie. My crestie just doesn't tolerate any handling.

Here's a quick video I just did to show they aren't all savage :lol2:
She doesn't want to be handled but she doesn't act too defensive/aggressive. No barking or biting she just ignores me or simply moves away. She even let me pull that bit of stuck shed on her tail off.

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums...EC45681A-551-000000CEA4721F90_zpsf039ae39.mp4

Ignore the viv it's a bit rubbish atm, both tokays are getting their vivs revamped on pay day. :) hopefully a misting system too !
^ absolutely gorgeous, can't wait till mines that size.
Thanks creg :) lovely terrarium you have for yours, looks awesome!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I reckon mine is a WC, he doesn't show signs of aggression but is extremely nervous. If i get too close to the viv he will shoot into his cork bark hide instantly. I would love to have attemtped to tame him but i don't think it will be possible because there are so many places in the viv he can hide out of reach.

·
Registered
12 Posts
She seem quite placid and them eyes! :flrt:

Can see myself adding to my collection fairly soon :lol2:

Reactions: c_1993

·
Registered
843 Posts
That first one is huge! What you feeding her?!? :)
She's always been fairly big :lol2: she was sold too me as a male.
Just crickets and the odd locust :)

All the female tokays I've seen in person have been generally quite smaller than her.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts