Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are tokays like to keep.

I know they are pretty narky, so a hands off species.

I'm more wondering what are they in groups and viv size, temps, humidity etc. and before someone accuses me of being lazy again, im asking opinions, i have been researching as well.

·
Registered
632 Posts
i don't keep them personally but the pair that i'm used to dealing with are in a 4ft viv, kept together as a breeding pair the male stays on the roof and the female mainly stays in her hide, obviously they aren't handled very often but the female is actually alright great animals!! good luck!!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Be aware that they are VERY vocal when breeding season comes around, and its quite loud. Great lizards, if a little scary looking, just dont keep em in your bedroom, they'll keep you awake at night, and remember they are nocturnal.

·
Registered
809 Posts
gan1 said:
Be aware that they are VERY vocal when breeding season comes around, and its quite loud. Great lizards, if a little scary looking, just dont keep em in your bedroom, they'll keep you awake at night, and remember they are nocturnal.
My pair are very, very quite. Not made a sound for me yet! :(
When exactly is this 'noisy breeding season'? :? Give me something to look forward to please :wink:

·
Registered
809 Posts
mike515 said:
What are tokays like to keep.

I know they are pretty narky, so a hands off species.

I'm more wondering what are they in groups and viv size, temps, humidity etc. and before someone accuses me of being lazy again, im asking opinions, i have been researching as well.
Mike,

I have a pair of CB Tokays that I rehomed a few weeks ago. They are 18 months old and have been very well cared for and looked after since hatchlings.

I have changed a few things about their care and habitat since I have had them. Both from previous experience and extensive, up to date research on the latest info available, for captive Tokay care.

If you want to PM me I could let you know what set up I have for them and why. Also what I have planned for them for the future.

Kirk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts