Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

im new to lizards, and am really interested in the tokay gecko, has anyone got one, if so please tell me about them. i know about their care, ive read numerous webnsites and books etc, just want to know about their character and if anyone has manafged to tame theirs a bit?

Peatree. xxx

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
tokay

ive got a pair had them over a month and no havnt tamed down any, they are wonderful to look at and im happy just to do that, when i clean them out they stick to the roof of viv, so its a happy medium, i stay out of their way and they stay out of mine. if you want a handlable lizard not reccomended but they are worth keeping for their beauty.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
i was in a rep shop last month and there was a bloke in there with one biteing the skin between your thumb and your index finger
he said it had bit him about half an hour ago and was still latched on
theyre nice to look at and i like the baby croc noise they make
they would be amazeing if you could tame them

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx a lot, im hoping to get a baby one so i could possibly tame it up a bit, is it a nocturnal lizard, careshhets dont tell you much bout that?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I spoke to one guy who had one since it was a baby and he claimed to be able to handle it but in all honesty he was prob lying lol.They do have an attitude and are not tame no matter how long you have them for but i think that is part of their charm.So if you are happy to have a pet to look at then go for it,if you want to have something you can handle then i would forget it.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts

i raised this from a baby and it accepts occassional handling....the rest i have are psycho but are nice to have as a display lizard like you would day geckos and that.
ive got a scar from a leopard gecko biting down on me but tokays don't leave a mark...:D

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
i've seen one 'tamed'. As in it could be handled when it was in a good mood. Normally it takes on the toaky attitude of bite and hold

1 - 8 of 8 Posts