Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest a good reasonably priced top layer for Cresties and Giant day geckos please. I have just purchased a ready set up bio-active 90 x 45 x 90 Exo terra viv for my Crestie's and want to remove the top layer, as its a bit too light in colour, and also to add a bit more depth to the "soil". I will be adding Arcadia "Earth-mix" when Swell have it back in stock,or would I be better and waiting to see whats on offer at Donny in June? Would Swells own brand "Amphibian Mix" be ok with a few leaves etc spread on the top?

I have also just set up a 90 x 60 x 60 viv up with a bio-active base but only currently have plastic plants around the outside for my Giant day gecko. I'm going to be purchasing lots of plants from Doncaster show but would it be ok to put my gecko in with just a bare earth-mix substrate for a few weeks,then put the plants in before putting a more suitable top layer in? My gecko is in a little holding viv at the moment and I have only ever seen him on the glass sides or the bendable fake vines a couple of times,so I don't expect him to ever go on the floor.

Cheers in advance,Rob.:blush:

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
Answered in 'Habitat'

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John. Do you have an alert that sounds every time anyone mentions ARCADIA in a post by any chance? :whistling2:

And have you ever thought of having a table at the Doncaster show's to promote your companies products?

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
I'm just a workaholic.

Yes we are at Doncaster.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you selling products there or just promo work? And if you are selling will you be beating Swells price for your Earth-mix?:whistling2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts