Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...decisions.

My P. cambridgei is roughly about 3 inches now. Im not sure whether she has moulted recently or not. I didn't see her for a few weeks and she didn't eat anything.

I've caught her out and about lately and she did take a small cricket last week but, if she has moulted, she hasn't chucked the moult out. I very rarely get to see her. Just a quick glimpse as she catches her prey and takes it back to her burrow. The burrow goes down and underneath a piece of bark where she has emptied out pretty much the whole of the bottom of the tub.

My predicament is whether to rehouse her yet or not? I have a cereal tub waiting for her. Im not sure if this would be too big for her at the moment, but Im scared next time she does moult she's not gonna have enough room in her current tub.

So basically, would a cereal tub be too big for her at the moment and make her feel insecure? I don't really fancy rehousing her to an inbetween tub only to have to rehouse her again a couple months later when she moults again. Sorry Im still a bit of a noob with certain things still when it comes to T's.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
I'd do it now before she gets too big and stroppy :lol2:

she'll be OK in a bigger tub, they make themselves a webbed tube anyway.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd do it now before she gets too big and stroppy :lol2:

she'll be OK in a bigger tub, they make themselves a webbed tube anyway.
Oh yeah plus Im a bit scared. :lol2:

Okay, best go set up the cereal tub then. Tomorrow will be the big day. :eek4::eek4::eek4:

·
Registered
741 Posts
3 inches sounds like a decent size for a cereal tub, I'd go for it :2thumb:

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
my male is about that size, I need to move him really. I'll have a free sweet jar tomorrow when my MM subfusca goes to his new home.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my male is about that size, I need to move him really.
Which also reminds me, could someone point me to a good guide to sexing T's? Just so next time she does chuck a moult (and not get it in 'her' water bowl this time) I can give sexing a shot.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Yeah go for it, she will be fine.
Its much better to do it now when shes 3" than when shes 4" and evil.
If they can catch food in the wild Im sure she will have no probs in a cereal tub :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers.

Okay new tub all set up, and I must say I wouldn't mind moving into it myself. Got a nice big bit of bark with the front of the tub filled half with substrate and then behind the bark it shallows out to about an inch of substrate to give a nice webbing area, almost like a hollowed out tree, or that sort of effect, where she can also make another similar burrow to the one she has at the moment. Which means it will be trashed in a week and she will just of done whatever she pleases with it all. :bash:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This afternoon. I have a 'girlfriend' that wants to see it happen as she's never managed to catch a glimpse of this T. Plus the two P. formosa slings come today so she wants to see them as well.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What a kefuffle!!! She was just adamant not to leave her tub no matter what. Took a good 10 minutes and a few shakey moments. The 'girlfriend' got a video and a few pics that she's gonna put on her facebook so I'll put them on here later.

She had moulted, but the moult had been ruined. I still have her first moult she had with me so had a look at that after. And to think I was a bit scared of her then! Now she's looking like a full on mean ass arboreal T, and I love it! : victory:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
And here's the culprit...

... finally in her new home...

She was down the bottom of her pre made 'burrow' in a couple of minutes. Can just see a couple of legs now. Looking forward to the tunnel web. : victory:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts